Powered Kemper through 5153 power amp

• Just tried my powered Kemper through my 5153 power amp and it sounds soooo much better than the built in power amp!! I feel cheated Mr Kemper!!

I've been frustrated with high gain tones, where the low end chugs sounded like mush and lacked clarity and thump with the inbuilt power amp.

grrr ...heads over to Matrix website.... )-:

• With the 5153 you're applying on top of your rigs a different EQ and a different dynamic response. It's ok if you like it more, but this is not the goal of the Kemper power amp (or of any other linear power amp).
    For a greater consistency you should IMO look for what you're missing in the profile, not through a... patch (a coloured power amp).

Also, the cab you use can make a world of difference. I guess it's a guitar cab? Do you switch the cab profile off with it? Consider that a guitar cab will impart a further filter to the sound.

• Thanks! Yes I did like it more - it seemed to sound more alive, and open. Bigger and smoother all round.

I realise it's not the point of the kemper power amp - so I bought a Matrix. I LOVE it - it just sounds better than the built in power amp. (Not in the same way as the 5153 power amp).

Yes I'm using it with a guitar cab, with the cab profile off. But I was comparing the sound of the 5153 into that cabinet, and a Direct Profile of a 5153 into the same cabinet. The built in power amp sounds the worst out of the 3 to my ears.