List of Rigs

• Is there a list of rigs online somewhere I can print out?

I just fired up my new Kemper and was blown away by the first AC amp--and I don't even like clean. :) So then I started looking for a Plexi only to find I have to scroll through enigmatic names like Mr. Phil Kay, which I have no idea what that means.

Well you could just download the Rig Manager and enter the rig exchange within the software and then check out everything a lot faster and more detailed. If you´re talking about a list of stock-profiles then you can just go here: http://www.wikpa.org/Factory_Rigs and you will see a list of all the rigs.

• There ar basically three different groups of rigs available: factory rigs (on the main site you can i dividually download/have access to the single packs, with detailed documentation for each); users' rigs, you download/access them on the Rig Exchange. Documentation is a bit lacking there, you'll have to rely on authors' posts in the Free Rigs section of the forum; commercial profiles, about which you'll find documentation on the authors' sites.

For a generic rig loaded on your machine, the name is an invention; you can refer to the related tags for getting more information, but it all depends on what the author has decided to type in.

• Thank you very much, guys!

I can see there's a lot to learn, but I still think it may be simpler than the Axe-Fx, except for maybe navigating presets.

But the KPA sounds a lot more like real tube amps, a lot more live and in your face. The Axe-Fx is exceptional, and I can see how some would prefer it, but my initial impression of the Kemper is that the tones are better, with far less tweaking, and I expect the tweaking to be easier.

• welcome!

Make sure you make yourself familiar with RM - it is an awesome tool and will help you digging through the thousands of profiles on the RE.
    I also find free rigs section of the forum very helpful for pointers.

Kemper & Axe share peaceful coexistence in this forum.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• welcome!

Make sure you make yourself familiar with RM - it is an awesome tool and will help you digging through the thousands of profiles on the RE.
    I also find free rigs section of the forum very helpful for pointers.

Kemper & Axe share peaceful coexistence in this forum.

Thanks! I'm sure this will make accessing the rigs easier.

I searched for a while about storing rigs and it seems there's plenty of space for me to Save As rigs and then experiment on them. I feel like the Kemper provides many incredible rhythm guitar tones right out of the box, which I had difficulty with finessing on the Axe. But to get the kind of leads I like (with lots of sustain), I need to make some safe copies and start tweaking. Thanks for the free rigs tip, too.

• Feel free to tweak, as long as you don't save a rig no tweak will be saved, and as long as you switch to a different rig or shoot the unit off you won't change any rig.

I do it all the time, just tweaking rigs to get different sounds. I almost always switch to another rig w/o saving :D

• Feel free to tweak, as long as you don't save a rig no tweak will be saved, and as long as you switch to a different rig or shoot the unit off you won't change any rig.

I do it all the time, just tweaking rigs to get different sounds. I almost always switch to another rig w/o saving :D

Glad for that confirmation, that's just what I finished doing. :)