Decent shots of my bands live rig (2xKempers)

• Put up an action shot a while ago, but these are a bit clearer :) Any questions fire away.

2xKPA controller by laptop (Reaper) and FCB1010's simultaneously.
    Behringer EPQ900 running to cabs on stage.

[Blocked Image: http://s30.postimg.org/75up2y5vl/20140415_173451.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://s28.postimg.org/93lsduaz1/1397852182996.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://s21.postimg.org/58kxlv8rr/20140415_173633.jpg]

• Looking good!

I have a question about programming the KPA via midi. As you know, I'm working on a similar setup: laptop + FCB1010 both controlling the Kemper via a MIDI merger (I'm using Ableton Live instead of Reaper). I just haven't had a chance to test it during rehearsals yet.

Do you send the CCs for switching to a performance slot (#50-54) momentarily, i.e. send the appropriate CC with a non-zero value at the point in the song where you want to switch to a certain slot, and then set it back to 0 in Reaper, like a non-latching midi foot switch when you take your foot off? Or do you leave the appropriate CC set to 1 throughout the whole song section?

The second option seems better because when I test it at home, I find that I can jump right into a song, anywhere within a given song section, and my Kemper will switch to the desired slot; whereas if I'd use the first option, I'd have to "pass" the point in the song where the switch is made. I'm just wondering if there are any drawbacks to doing it that way. Do you experience any weird stuff when you use the FCB1010 to "override" the laptop control?

• Looking good!

I have a question about programming the KPA via midi. As you know, I'm working on a similar setup: laptop + FCB1010 both controlling the Kemper via a MIDI merger (I'm using Ableton Live instead of Reaper). I just haven't had a chance to test it during rehearsals yet.

Do you send the CCs for switching to a performance slot (#50-54) momentarily, i.e. send the appropriate CC with a non-zero value at the point in the song where you want to switch to a certain slot, and then set it back to 0 in Reaper, like a non-latching midi foot switch when you take your foot off? Or do you leave the appropriate CC set to 1 throughout the whole song section?

The second option seems better because when I test it at home, I find that I can jump right into a song, anywhere within a given song section, and my Kemper will switch to the desired slot; whereas if I'd use the first option, I'd have to "pass" the point in the song where the switch is made. I'm just wondering if there are any drawbacks to doing it that way. Do you experience any weird stuff when you use the FCB1010 to "override" the laptop control?

Hi dude. We leave the KPA's in performance mode- don't really understand your question though? The midi CC is displayed on the KPA itself. If the number is 10, number 10 gets sent from Reaper. Thats it, nothing else afterwards. With the laptop, we can jump to any performance of any slot, and with the FCB1010 we have to navigate in the usual way.

The big problem is, the midi mergers are powered by the FCB1010's midi input. If they go off, not even the laptop will switch things. Its another reason i wish they'd just hurry up and release an actual KPA footswitch. Nonsense like this shouldn't be happening.