Jeff Loomis & Keith Merrow - Guitar clinic - Nevada Music - Kemper Power Racks LIVE

• Btw, Keith.

When someone in the audience asks you about the Axe-FX, and there you are sitting on stage with Kempers, you don't go blah blah blah about the Axe-FX...you tell the person in the audience, look behind us, can you see what are we using :?: ...end of answer!

• I think you are kinda reading way into that... Those guys are not gonna bash one product or another up there, especially when they both have a history of using both. It was more than obvious they prefer the kemper in my opinion. I got to go to dinner and hang with Keith and Jeff during the making of this record several times, I can assure you they definitely prefer the kemper.

For anyone that cares the tones on the record were Keith's own tones he dialed in at his studio with his 5150, the rhythm tones atleast. Many amps and other profiles were used for reamping including the new randall stuff, mainly the satan. however in the end the Guys prefered the tones they dialed in themselves. however in the lead tones department, loomis picked marks tones everytime in a blind test...
    Loomis's lead tone is mark Lewis's personal modded jcm 800 that sounds quite frankly, like god. It is a profile of that amp however, so the record is all kemper.

• I understand Guitartone's sarcastic comment to some extent, if you think about the purpose of the clinic. I don't see anything wrong with mentioning the Axe FX either, but it does make sense to be frank and spell out why you went with a certain option on stage. I think it's a bit ridiculous how some endorsements are just for facesake in a lot of cases, i.e. the artist might be using something completely different from what you see on stage or on your video feed.

Hey, Mr CK, how about an endorsement haw haw haw

http://www.soundcloud.com/arvind-jayaram/becoming-devil

• Always makes me smile about this style of metal - they always come across as being really grounded, decent, sweet folk then end with...
    and here's a song for you entitled "Prelude to obliteration" :D
    Excellent. Mammoth tones by the way...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I think it's an absolutely amazing record, and hope they also get a singer as well. I can also tell you that rudinger was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in the studio on drums... There is literally about ZERO editing on those drum tracks, and is recognized as one of the best drummers Audiohammer has ever had in the studio. The kid is young and absolutely incredible.