Profiling the Axe II ?

• I have decided to go back to the KPA After a year with Axe II there are maybe10 sounds from the Axe that I want to profile before I send the Axe Down the road. I will be profiling just basic tones I have been using and hopefully able to profile the Hi res cabs. I am doing this for my own use. Has anyone been able to do this well. and would like to share some tips with me. I understand that Mod and Time based effects can not be profiled but what about Compression? or is it better to profile just the amp and cab and ad compression from the KPA?

• You should try and ditch anything you don't absolutely need - but what do i know? Try both.

I remember some guys saying that profiling the XFX-II required lots of time refining - so make sure you've got some time to burn and that you feel like playing.
    Just remember to set your levels identical to the reference. That's one of the most important - and overlooked - aspects of profiling.
    The other most important aspect, by the way, is sharing your profiled sounds on the rig exchange ;)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I've done a few conversions and they came out super close if not perfect

I turn all the effects off including compression and add them back in later A/Bing both units

I pretty much did the refine once or twice and that was it

One problem you might run into is with the noise gate off on the axe if you are using a drive pedal it might be too noisy to profile.

In that case I turn the drive down, profile and then add a drive in the kemper

The brilliant thing is those high gain profiles will have less noise than the axe-fx! Also you no longer have the fan running in the back ground.

I haven't used my axe-fx II since I copied my patches across sans to do some profiles for people on here

• Yes, profiling the AxeFx works great.

Switch off ALL effects, noise gates ...

Make sure the AxeFx runs in Mono!

Define a lot.

I found that not all patches are 100% close - but it works good for a lot of them - the rest is very close and can be tweaked by hand.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I profiled a few of my main patches from my Ultra and I'm not sure why but they actually sound better in the Kemper.
    They just feel and sound more dynamic and punchy! It was very easy to do. I turned all the effects and drives off and just profiled
    the raw amps and cabs.