CC Messages From Ground Control Not Taking? *SOLVED*

• Apologies if this is in the wrong place... I couldn't find a similar question and this is pretty out there for me.

First, I'm really good with MIDI and I've had the GCP and it's predecessor for 15+ years so I'm not trying to do anything out of the ordinary.

I have KPA Rack with OS version 2.1.1.8823.

On the GCP you can program the IA (instand access) buttons to send CC controller message as has been discussed on this forum elsewhere. I have mine setup like many people - stomps A,B,C,D,X,Mod,Dly, and my last one is the rotary speed (#33.)

You can save the state of the IA buttons with a program in the GCP such that when you call up that preset, it will not only send the program change, but it will also transmit the states of the buttons and the KPA should turn on those effects.

So let's say I have it set on a program to bring up my Egnater profile. Then on the next program, I have it set to bring up a different profile, with Stomp A (lead boost), Stomp X (pure boost after the gain for a bump in volume,) and Delay.

In that event, ONLY stomp A will come on even though I can see the lights plainly on the GCP.

OK, so I thought maybe it's a problem with multiple button states - nope. If I do ONLY stomp X, it will fail. If I do ONLY Delay, it will fail (meaning the button state is saved on the GCP but the KPA does not turn on the appropriate slot.)

Stomps A-D and MOD all seem to work as expected (reverb is locked on the way I like it.)

When I tried this same thing with a different MIDI controller (musicom labs efx3+) it misbehaved in the same way... so I believe it is something in the KPA that I'm missing.

Any ideas? Got a gig tomorrow and I'd love to get this figured out as it's been doing it for a while (oddly it worked a long time ago from what I remember) and I'm just now taking time to fix it.

Thanks

Edited once, last by gtrgriff3: solved the problem myself (February 10, 2014 at 1:24 AM).

• Just to clarify, the IA buttons DO work correctly once the program is loaded.

So if I bring up the program on the GCP with stomps A,X and Delay set to on, the KPA will come up with the right amp and stomp A on.

From there if I hit the IA button to turn off the delay (because it started in the "ON" position) and click it again to turn delay on it will work as expected.

Similarly if I load the program on the GCP with no IA switches on as the program loads, they all work as expected.

Also, this problem seems to occur on more than one amp in the KPA. So far I have only tried it on amps I've profiled, I'll try a rig that came stock and see if it still happens.