Profile Blender

• Well, since i see that multiple amps profiling or mixing feature is always one of the most requested ones, i was thinking to a PC/Mac Profile Blend software which could just blend the informations contained in the different profiles, giving as a result one single profile.
    This would avoid any issue given to the so called DSP limit, letting this process work out of the KPA.
    Obviously it would be great if we could choose the option of the blend mix.

The only downside is that it's impossible to change the mix on the fly or ear the result without importing the new blended profile, but it's the same problems given from the cab maker.

P.S: obviously this idea starts from the assumption that the profiles contain informations for the "amp engine" inside the

• What is stopping people from just profiling two amps at the same time, should be the exact same stuff as profiling an amp with two mics. Unless the profiler can't handle the minor latency there could be.

Edited once, last by Sleepdead (November 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM).

• Well, if you do it via software you can blend any two profiles, not just those coming from amps you own.

I've been thinking about a software solution since forever. The intrinsic limit of profiling two amps/merging two profiles is that you won't get the sum of the two amps' sound, but a mean value. Think for example of a crunch tone and a heavier one, differently eq'ed, summed.
    But it sure would be intriguing for many! :thumbup:

DAN: as for me, among all the "impossible" feature requests I've read on this board, this is one of the most feasible ones! :D

Who knows if (and to what extent) Kemper is going to surprise us with their editor ;) :thumbup:

• Well Daniel, my thought comes from the cab maker SW.
    It just takes the infos taken form a wav file and it "translates" them into informations for the KPA in a kipr file.
    I think that the kipr file contains nothing but infos for the KPA. Some of them are related to the FX, some for the cab, and some for the distortion engine, whatever we can call it.
    It's not the same of having dual amp since there's no option to change the mix on the fly and it hasn't the "wideness" related to the commune use of panning the two amps in order to have a wider sound.
    But i think it can be done with not too many issues.

gianfranco: i agree. The limit is that you only get a mixed tone and no two different sound chain sum. But when you profile two amps at once i think that the KPA detectes a mixed EQ and a mixed level of Gain (or maybe just the higher one).

P.S: and i think it can open the road to some more interesting developing.
    Think if the Profile blender could take different profiles of the same amp made with different level of gain (keeping fixed the other values) and create a profile which could give informations to the KPA in order to have a more realistic reproduction of the gain knob.
    Well, maybe that's pretty hard to achieve because the kipr file would have to be larger and it should change the way the KPA reads the infos but...
    This is called "feature request forum", isn't it? :thumbup: