Perform mode question

• I've probably missed out on this one, but hopefully one of you gentlemen can come to my rescue. Again ;)

Say I have found a great amp and puts it in the first slot of the first performance. I then find the right combo of effects for this amp, and I want to use the same amp and effects for the rest of the slots in this performance, with some adjustments for each slot. I might even want to use the same set of effects in different performances with different amps

1. How do I copy the entire fx/amp-content from one slot to the other?
    2. How do I copy all the effects from one slot to other amps in other slots or performances?

• 1. Copy and Paste buttons 8)

2. An easy way is to lock the efx sections while on the program you want to copy from, move to the slot you want to apply them to, unlock and save the Performance. Or you can copy, or save the efx sections as presets, but then you'll have to do the Stomp and Effects sections separately.

• Thanks Ingolf & Trazan -- I'm aware that you can copy/paste individual fx and amps, but I was hoping that there was an easier way to distribute one favourite setup over several slots, and then make changes from there :) Locking the fx section is surely something I will try.

• Thanks Ingolf & Trazan -- I'm aware that you can copy/paste individual fx and amps, but I was hoping that there was an easier way to distribute one favourite setup over several slots, and then make changes from there :) Locking the fx section is surely something I will try.

Not sure I understand...you're in slot 1 - push the copy button, move slot 2 - push the paste button. If that ain't easy you're a lazy son of a gun :P

• Not sure I understand...you're in slot 1 - push the copy button, move slot 2 - push the paste button. If that ain't easy you're a lazy son of a gun :P

Well, yeah, I'm lazy :) I'm aware of this method. But let's say I've copied slot 1 to slot 2, and then want to change amps in slot 2 but keep the fx from the copied rig. This is my typical scenario these days. In this case all the effects that I copied is replaced with whatever the new amp is set up with, and so I have to set all the fx up again, which can be tedious, even when copying effect by effect from slot 1.

The thing is: I have made a performance, performance 1, which is set up with 5 amps of the same kind and the same selection of effects but with different values per slot. Slot 1 is just reverb, slot 2 is rev and delay, 3 is loud delay etc. I want the exact performance copied to performance 2, 3, 4 only changing the amp type for each performance. Performance 1-5 = marshalls, performance 6-9 = voxes etc, but with the exact same fx layout (slot 1 just reverb, 2 reverb and delay, 3 loud delay etc).

Edited once, last by Boanerges (October 5, 2013 at 4:32 AM).

• Select the slot that you want the stomps from.

Press and hold the "STOMPS" button so that all the stomps show up then press the COPY button.

You can then copy all the stomps at once to another slot (even in another performance)

You can do the same with the EFFECTS.

If you want to copy to multiple locations, just hit the COPY button immediately after hitting PASTE so that you fill the copy buffer up again (it empties when you paste)

• thanks, all, many good suggestions and many ways to achieve the same result. Having owned the toaster for a year and a half but this week it replaced my (dare I say the word) Axe 2 for three gigs and one studio session. Will come back with my impressions after tonights gig ;)