New Kemper Owner... with a single question.

• Just got my Kemper today!! I'm digging in and loving the sounds. Amazing clean tones and the effects are really good.. it's very three dimensional and amazingly accurate reproduction of my favorite amps. I've set mine up with a pair of JBL PRX612m's for live and my studio monitors at home. I have been looking at AXE FX and Kemper for a while now and finally bit the bullet. I've been using the Guitar Rig 5 with the Rig Kontrol 3 as my interface and wow what a difference the Kemper makes! bye bye GR5 and my pedal board... less my Boomerang!!

So my question is why do I only have access to one delay? Seems I'd read that there was a delay in the stomps area but I can't find it. I like texturing clean sounds with rhythmic delays and modulations... shimmering effects and echoes.. So where's the delays?? It'd nice to double up on delays in the post amp section as well. So I could have a ping pong and an analog running.. Any plans in the future that might provide more delays??

Gettin' funky up in here..

So my question is why do I only have access to one delay? Seems I'd read that there was a delay in the stomps area but I can't find it. I like texturing clean sounds with rhythmic delays and modulations... shimmering effects and echoes.. So where's the delays?? It'd nice to double up on delays in the post amp section as well. So I could have a ping pong and an analog running.. Any plans in the future that might provide more delays??

The Kemper team continuously improves the KPA.

The core amp sound is almost perfect - and even much better than in the first release (shorter latency, less artifacts / antialiasing).

On the other hand there were a lot of effects missing (If you compare the KPA with e.g. the AxeFX).
    The Kemper-team added some effects in the past and I hope they continue to do so.

I see the AxeFx as a (great) effects processor with some amp capabilities - and the KPA as a (great) amp/speaker simulator with some effects capabilities.

IMHO are the main missing basic effects / options:
    1) Spring reverb type
    2) Option to place the Stack EQ before the distortion unit (like in Fender-amps)
    3) Additional room reverb
    4) More than one delay - also placeable before the amp block

There are a lot of effects which are in the AxeFx as you mentioned (rhythmic delays and modulations... shimmering effects and echoes) but I don't think the KPA will ever be an AxeFx with all the effect types and routing options.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Thanks everyone for the replies! Yes I hope that Kemper expands its effects base a bit more. I'm not looking for Axe-FX; if I were, I'd bought one. I do however want to eliminate my stomp devices and have a more centralized solution that can work in the studio or live. The GR5 has been great for building textured sounds but it doesn't come close to the amp sounds I'm getting out of the Kemper.. wow, I spent all night on it last night building and playing.. a very musically inspiring piece of equipment and easy to use as a bonus. No way should you under sell your effects capabilities; the ones you have sound great and are easy to use. But hopefully in the future you'll find a place for a stomp delay!!

Until then... I'm lovin' on my new Kemper.

http://www.SowingtheSeeds.com

Gettin' funky up in here..