Posts by jfischer518

If it's not generating revenue, why has it been announced at winter Namm ?

And then, why hasn't the stage been announced before release ?

There is definitely a discrepancy in how the releases were handled. I suspect the release of the Stage may have created some unforeseen obstacles. Getting the bulk if Kempers on a unified OS (ver 7 at this time). It does seem like it was a required step towards the editor release. Backwards compatibility does create other issues for sure. Now since we have a mostly unified OS release they can push to only one Kemper OS. I am sure the forum and facebook groups will blow up the day it is released. I just hope they blow up in a positive way.

Its funny, if they communicate we slam them if they don't hit a deadline. If they don't everyone says they are not doing anything...they can't win.

I have stated before that I work in IT. My company has invented the product and process that we sell, so we are also involved in both software and hardware R&D. One thing that we do drive through all departments from support to sales to management is to avoid providing hard dates and deadlines to the public. Kemper has done exactly that, provided an update on progress without making delivery promises this time. We would all like more information and to get it more frequently but I would rather see the occasional update like that then to have someone take their bandwidth away from critical functions to complete the editor. I know many bash constantly but some people will always complain no matter what the have

Yeah , I hear ya. Hopefully at some stage they'll ( or the processor power ) let us profile our own pedals into stomp slots....that would be super cool !

I have no idea how we could profile stomps but that would be the icing on the cake. Klon, rotovibe, big sky they would be amazing to add to all the amps we already have.

That's what I love about the KPA. There aren't many 'bad' sounds. You get the ones you like and they're consistent every time.

I got mine in Feb 2012 and have done every gig with it since ( and studio bits as well )..... Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!

Definitely loving it so far. The only thing I see myself tweaking is the effects to get them to sound close to ones I own, like the Hall of fame II, Flashback II, MXR phase 95, Slash wah and things like that.

Let me say that 1st that it's really ok after evaluation to change yer mind on stuff. ;) That said, I suggest to create a poll that asks whether the users (who own a Kemper) will or wont use the Editor "after" (note I said after) it's released. I'll wager we have less than 10% total that wont be using it in some capacity compared to the 90% that will be.

I would make use of it in some capacity for sure. It would make setting up performances easier for sure.

I don't know how many guitar players are this or that.I know that most players in my experience are ofcourse "tube only" players.Now live with that.

I can tell you that I fit into the exact opposite camp. After a bad experience with my first tube amp in the early 90's I refused to play a tube amp for a very long time. It was not until modeling became a thing in the late 90's early 2000's that I became interested in them again. I owned the Line 6 Flextone III XL for a very long time, until I bought my Helix in 2016 in fact. It was not until then that I was willing to try tube amps again. Since then I have had a PRS Sonzera, Peavey 6505 +, PRS MT15 and a PRS Archon. I refused to use tube for reliability reasons but always loved the tone. That is why I ended up at the Kemper, it was the tone with the reliability. The Helix was great but the Kemper is that last step that gets me to tube amp ease of use as well.

Thats what I was saying!! "If ONLY sound would matter people would play their tube amps instead!" In your case sound does matter BUT your tube amps are too loud.

I repeat myself: "And it is never ONLY about sound - never!" In your case it's tube amps are too loud and I need another solution that comes close. So you need a device that doesn't compromise to much with the sound and gets the volume down. You choose the Kemper for this.

Because Kemper sounds good AND makes life easier (like you are saying above). You like the FEATURE of the Kemper, that you can profile your amp and play with less volume now. It's just easier too use the profiles than getting or building an iso cab or rent a pro studio.... That's what you would do if ONLY sound matters (not ease, time, money, requirements /circumstances, handicaps, preferences...)

Same with the editor. For many people it will just make life even easier.

I can agree with this to a certain extent. For the cost of the Kemper I could have not only kept my Archon but bought a Mesa dual rec too. Now on the other hand while those two amps are my favorite there is no way I could afford a Dumble and an SLO100 and a Dual rec and an Archon and a JCM800 and a 5150 block/III/EL34/6L6 and VH4 and many others. As much as I did enjoy the tube amps I have had the platform also allows me the experience one I could never get my hands on. So there is an example where it is all about the sound but an easier way to get to experience things that are out of reach.

Old arguments. Boring arguments.

I am still new to Kemper and this forum but from what I have read since I have been here says that "Old arguments. Boring arguments." are indeed valid since that is also the nature of this issue. I also do not know how many times lines have come and gone but I have noticed a conflicting method of release. Editor was announced at Winter NAMM 2019 and has yet to appear even as a public beta. On the other hand the Stage was dropped and no one in the public knew it was until it was here. Now there are generally two release models release an operational version, then harden and improve or fully flush out all issues and release a completed version. The Stage followed that pattern and I have enjoyed the product even though there has been a few bumps in the road. While releasing a product that is not hardened do make for some loud customers, Kemper did handle that very well by providing RMA's with overnight shipping (I received 2). Announcing a product and missing deadlines combined with sparse progress updates makes for very loud active customer base. With all that said "Old arguments. Boring arguments." will continue as well as old boring meme's and everything else that comes with multiple 100 + page thread on the same topic.

I work for an IT company and I am also ITIL certified so I do have a certain level of experience when talking about tech and tech product releases.

I also came from the Helix the requires many hours of tweaking to get good tones. Other then swapping out effects in performance creation, I doubt I will use the editor much myself once it is released. While yes you can do it from the Kemper unit that is not a valid argument for not having an editor.