Posts by alexburnsred

also wenn man schon mit dem Thema anfängt: Ich finde das Originalkabel auch zu steif. Zu hause nutze ich auch ein Cat 5(e) Kabel, bei Probe und Show das Originalkabel, und es ist einfach nicht gut gerade zu bekommen.

Wenn ich es mal länger brauche, dann mit nehme ich PoE-Injector und 15Meter Cat5 Kabel.

Das wäre auch noch ein Punkt: warum baut man nicht gleiche in den Kemper mehr Spannungsversorgerung für die RJ-45 Buchse mit ein? Ich denke es gibt nen ganzen Berg an Leuten, die non-Kemper Kabel und vor allem längere Kabel nutzen wollen oder müssen.

Have you tried a Studio EQ in the X slot with a high-cut at about 6K? That should get rid of the fizz. I suspect Tom's engineer also does this on his miked signal.

no, havent tried that.

i don't think that it's the "key" to his sound when playing live. there are pretty old live videos from the early dude ranch era where tom plays a les paul and the sound is super close to the one in the enema era. i don't think that they had a sound engineer throughout several eras.

i read about that in the update list.

not explainable to me. Because some Users don't know about it, you just remove it???

That's a big F-U to every User who used that feature.

Removing options is always a step backwards and reduces the qualitiy of the Kemper... Improving Options or features would be the way to go.

thanks for getting the video link right. i just copied the embed link from youtube. no idea, what i did wrong. sorry.

of course i have found those profiles from your links, SliderJeff . But the profiles from petesprofiles try to match the record-sound of the songs, and i don't want that sound. besides, the samples available are close and fit in the mix, but knowing the original songs, i can tell they are not close enough for my taste (and aren't even recorded 100% in time).

i hoped, that STL also had an early Blink-182 Pack, because i don't like the new Feldmann -Sound at all. Worst Blink-Record Sound till today...

i will try Till's Recto RAW 2 as mentioned by you tomorrow.

hey guys,

since i play guitar, im trying to get as close as possible to get Tom Delonges live tone from the linked video below for punk related music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dz-EXRTgfC0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know that his Overdrive - Tone comes from a Mesa Rectifier (you can obviously see it in the video) and a Marshall JCM 900 for clean/crunch. Many people think he blends both tones together, but he doesn't!

I have the same guitar with the same pickup and the same strings. I have a Mesa Cab (or Mesa Cab-Sim when playing at home with Monitors) but no Mesa Rectifier-Profile i've tried so far comes close.

The biggest problem is, that they all get fuzzy in the bottom end when palm muting. But the mutes from Tom are nice and tight.

I do have a sound that is pretty much his clean/crunch sound, but I need suggestions for the Distorted-Main tone.

Well, when i first got the Kemper and connected it to my computer/rig manager i was quite surprised, that there was no Editor or anything similar.

Axe-FX has had it quite some time, so I expected the Kemper would have had an Editor right from the Beginning. Because it is quite simple to build, technically. You just need a GUI which is implemented over the remote connection to the Kemper.

Basically an SSH connection with GUI or an RDP.

Enough of technical talk -

The LED is a bug that's easy to fix and they should have gotten aware of it before the actual realease of the Kemper...

I don't know - it's kind of like Porsche designs a new car and the speedometer shows random speed, no matter how fast you are going.

i know that its been demanded several times before. that's what makes it even worse.

and I'm not happy with not even getting a response from Kemper.

Technically it can't be that difficult. I'm a software engineer myself.

after rechecking some of the previous posts, kemper commented it and its not any close to being satisfying:

this is not a hardware problem at all, it is 100% software: but it is relatively low on the priority list to solve.

it can be solved in several ways, but as said already: it has low priority right now atm, and we have to use our available software development capacity wise

in other words: they can't make money out of it and give a shit about the hundreds of complaints about this issue.

a no-go to me. The Profiler is a Product that is used in a lot of professional events. if you know about a problem and know several ways to solve it, you f*cking do it. one point to check off the list. not understandable and not german at all :D

How about after several years we get the Tap-LED to blink in the actual tempo? I still get crazy random blinking from it.

I really could need it to blink in the tempo of the Rig i programmed in, so i know the tempo before starting the song (for example with havey time-based delays)

i can't belive it's still not working.

More than another 2 years later I have to push this up again. Its super annoying. And I actually need the tap as a metronome, because I have a song with a delay which has to be in time and I start alone on guitar.

I have to get out a metronome now and watch it before the song and I think that's embarrassing for Kemper.

Has there even been a comment on this issue from the Kemper guys yet?