Posts by narcoda

I bought the SKB Roto-mould case but I sent it back - it was too flexible... and sagged at the top... All my other SKB kit is excellent but I wasn't convinced with the 4u case.

I swapped it for the Gator 4U shallow case and I couldn't be happier (the latches are attached to the lids, so no rattling noises!)

The hardcase in the photo in your post looks like the ultimate option for chucking into the back of a lorry but I find the Gator case light enough for one handed carry and built tough.

Thank you - Just so I have this right:

1. XLR to desk (reduce output to -20db)
    2. normal 8ohm/16ohm output to Cab (with cab sim off)
    3. Unlink volumes in the system menu (so I can ramp up my cab onstage if needed and keep the level going to the desk unaffected)

Question - why can't this be done with cab sim on? All my profiles sound better with my Matamp sims

OK - I have been reading tonnes of threads - can't find anything concise other than:

Use XLR from the main outputs. I'll work with any PA-system. The signal is line-level (hot) so you should go into Output-page2/6 and set MainVolume to -25dB to make your soundman happy.

My checklist that works with any PA (console or stagebox) I've come across is:
    MainVolume = -25dB (Output page2/6) to please the soundman (avoid clipping in mic-preamps)
    Disconnect main outputs from master-volume (output page2/6) so that I can mess about with the master to set monitor level without affecting the signal going to the mixer.
    Set MainOutput to MasterMono or MasterStereo (output page1/6) depending on the connection(s) to the PA.

My question now being - how do I "disconnect main outputs from master volume" ?

Hello, I am struggling to get a definitive answer and I am wondering if someone can help...

I have a Kemper Power Rack - I normally play through a 2x12 cab and it sounds great

1. If I want to play straight through a desk do I take the XLR from the back, straight to the desk (then through PA)?

2. How do I send to the desk and still have the use of the 2x12 on stage please? Can I adjust my on stage cab independent of the XLR output?

Can anybody give me a step-by-step please?