Posts by 4enima

Hello board-members,

we are AMANTIS

At the beginning of April 2018 we dared to go public with our first single "Breathe in the Fire" including a music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbU2D2jdaOE

In December 2017 at the Empire Studios in Bensheim/Germany we put eleven songs into a powerful package with co-producer Rolf Munkes (Crematory, Empire).
    Our final debut album "The Call" was finally released on Friday, September 7, 2018 and can now be found at all known music-streaming services.

THE CALL - Spotify / Deezer / Itunes

The band:

We formed the band in November 2015 in Ludwigshafen/Germany.
    Since then we create new songs in an old bunker with a lot of energy, sweat and lifeblood, which walk between metal and rock, but also bring quiet moments with them, which put the heavy riffs all the more into scene.

Marcel - Vocals
    One of the most talented singers from the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region and a buddy to steal horses with. Obsessed with achieving the vocal quality of his role model Jorn Lande.

Max - Guitar & Vocals
    The man for the riffs and together with Chris the songwriting center. He is home in groove metal, stadium rock as well as spherical sounds. The main thing is that the music is honest.

Chris - Guitar
    The guitarist with the tireless urge to write new sounds and even better riffs. It has to rock! He holds his guitar in his hand more often than his mobile phone. And that means something nowadays.

Aaron - Bass
    The calm pole in the band and a true connoisseur of music not only knows how to put unbelievable bass runs under the music, but also solves every technical problem the band is confronted with.

Daseto - Drums
    Drummer of passion and music fan with body and soul. Possesses more CDs, records and films than some shops. Walks musically between earthy blues, classical rock and modern metal.

Band equipment:

In the meantime, our string faction has decided in favour of the Kemper Profiling Amp in order to be able to bring the studio sound 1:1 to the stage. Mixer-friendly sound, no amp micing, monitor instead of complete backline sufficient and always constant awesome sound, are only some advantages that convinced us of the green wonder box! :thumbup:
    Our drummer drives us with his black Walnut-Mapex set.
    Our vocalist chases his sound waves through his Neumann KMS 105.

If you want to know more about us or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us!
    Let's have a Like or follow us - we're working hard on new songs and videos, so keep an eye on us ;)
    - Facebook
    - instagram

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator :saint::saint::saint:

Would it be possible to integrate the Looper-Function in the ToastME?
    This can be triggered via the EurekaPROM/Midi, then it should be possible for the ToastMe, too, I suppose?!

Would be a great feature - looping a part and then adjusting the settings in all calmness while you can hear the changes directly :thumbup:

Ich hab die Tage quasi noch eine neue Lösung für unser Problem gefunden. Das macht zumindest für Rigs Sinn, welche gerne mal mit Overdrive-Stomps befeuert werden oder man einfach "mal schnell" mal mehr Gain rein drehen will.

Und zwar habe ich beobachtet, dass der Effekt nicht mehr auftritt, wenn ich die Bässe unter 120-150hz entferne.

Beispiel-Konfiguration
    - ich aktiviere den Parallelpath
    - DI-Signal (die ersten 2 Stomps) per EQ/HighCut nur die Frequenzen unter 120-150hz durch lassen, ( im 2. den Compressor um den Bässen zu der entsprechenden Potenz zu verhelfen [Blocked Image: https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/wcf/images/smilies/wink.png] )
    - im Rig-Signal (alles ab Stomp 3) im 3. Stomp per EQ die Frequenzen über 120-150hz durch lassen

Schon ist das Problem verschwunden.... sobald die Bässe unter 150hz im Rig-Signal weg sind, reagiert jede Einstellung wie auch bei der Gitarre ohne Lautstärke-Anhebung - der Sound wird natürlich dichter und komprimierter, aber nicht lauter. So lässt sich dann problemlos mal der Muff(in) einschalten oder kurz mehr Gain rein drehen, ohne das man von den Bässen an die Wand gepustet wird.

Hoffe das war irgendwie verständlich :wacko:

Wie gesagt Input/Clean Sens hat bei mir keine Abhilfe gebracht, ist aber grundsätzlich hilfreich um die unterschiedlichen hohen Pegel bei verschiedenen Bässen auszugleichen. Die Input-Einstellungen lassen sich auch als Presets speichern, ... z.B. Stingray, Jazzbass, ect

Bei mir macht es eigentlich kein Unterschied ob Bass oder Gitarren Rig, aber es macht ein großen Unterschied ob Bass oder Gitarre in den Kemper eingespielt wird, falls wir uns da missverstanden haben. ;)

Was ich dir zusätzlich noch empfehlen kann, bei deinen Clean-Rigs ein Kompressor-Stomp oder (meine inzwischen favorisierte Variante) im Rig selbst den Kompressor-Wert mit einspeichern. (bin aktuell testweise bei dem Wert 5.0)

Der Kompressor im Rig(Menü) komprimiert lt. Anleitung nur die cleanen Anteile im Signal... dadurch hast du bei cleanen Sounds auch automatisch einen angedickten/volleren Sound, ähnlich wie bei den Profilen mit mehr Gain. Wenn du dann Gain hinzu drehst, wird das durch den Amp komprimierte Signal nicht nochmal doppelt komprimiert.
    Das eigentliche Lautstärken Problem besteht aber weiterhin, wenn auch nicht mehr sooo extrem.

Ich bin mir unsicher ob wir das selbe Problem haben, ... (ich spiele hauptsächlich Bass über den Kemper.)
    Wenn ich die Profiles über Kopfhörer oder bei Zimmerlautstärke zuhause spiele sind diese auch alle ziemlich auf dem selben Lautstärke-Niveau. Spiele ich diese aber über PA oder Monitor mit hoher/höherer Lautstärke, so sind die Sounds mit höherem Gain lauter und druckvoller. Auch wenn ich bei einem LowGain-Profil mehr Gain rein drehe, wird die Gesamtlautstärke um ein vielfaches lauter.

Hatte Anfangs auch schon mit Kemper direkt kommuniziert, aber schein ein normales Verhalten zu sein - allerdings nur beim E-Bass. Wenn ich eine Gitarre anschließe, habe ich das Problem nicht.
    Inputeinstellungen ändern an der Problematik leider auch nichts.

Meine erdachte Erklärung:
    Durch das Gain wird das sehr dynamische Basssignal natürlich komprimiert und dadurch "füllender" wiedergegeben. Bei Zimmerlautstärke merkt man das weniger, bei der lauten PA ist das dann aber ein wirklich enormer Unterschied.
    LowGain -> normal laut, normaler Druck
    HighGain -> Inferno, man wird sprichwörtlich an die Wand geblasen
    ...gerade der Bassanteil schiebt sehr, durch die Komprimierung bei höherem Gain.

Vielleicht ist es bei dir genauso... oder du spielst sogar Bass wie ich und gar keine Gitarre - geht aus dem Ursprungspost nicht hervor.

Ich leb inzwischen damit, bzw. hab mir meine bevorzugten Rigs mit unterschiedlichen Gain/RigVol. eingestellt, sodass sie auch auf der PA den selben Level haben. Mal eben schnell Gain reindrehen (wie bei der Gitarre) ist halt leider ohne Gegenregeln des RigVol. nicht zu haben.
    Genauso wenn mir ein Muff/Fuzz/ect Stomp mit 100% Anteil vor das Rig schalte, muss ich erst mal die Lautstärke korrigieren. (die -5 im Stomp sind da meist nicht ausreichend)

We make our debut "Breathe in the Fire", soon an album will follow.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?stor…689139621343757

Guitarists and bassist (me) all play over the Kemper-Amp and also in the studio a large part was recorded with it. 8)

I'm looking forward to your opinion.

Leave some likes on Facebook & YouTube. Share the video with your fellow musicians if you like. :thumbup:
    I would be very pleased - Thank you :thumbup:

I tested PA-boxes myself a while ago to amplify my bass/kemper. I would definitely recommend using a 15" speaker, because 10/12 lacks a lot of low end. I was surprised how much is missing while testing it in the musicstore myself. Even if I compared expensive speakers like the QSC 10/12.

I finally ordered the Yamaha DBR15, EV ZLX 15, JBL EON 15 and tested them again with the band. (in the Musicstore I also tested the db technology Opera 15, which scored with incredible bass, but overall it was very undifferentiated)

Here I give you my short review, that I wrote in a german forum. I translated it quickly through the deepl.com-translator, hope it is understandable so far...

"... At home I had to realize directly that the JBL EON is completely unsuitable in the floor monitor position, because it tips over at the slightest touch. The ZLX and DBR, on the other hand, sit well on the floor.
    During the apartment test at an acceptable volume, the DBR sounded tidy & differentiated compared to the others, but had much too loud highs and the midrange faded too far into the background. EON & ZLX were about equal up and quite balanced, albeit somewhat worse resolved. I was still missing some bass at the EON.
    With the DSP I was ahead after the ZLX, because I got the best results here and you can still adjust a lot. (I only changed the EON DSP at the box, via Bluetooth you have even more extensive possibilities, but...) the EON dropped out as floor monitor and the missing added value compared to the ZLX and the DBR and ZLX were dragged into the rehearsal room on the 5th floor. To mention here, the ZLX is easier to carry, has more handles and 2kg less on the scales.

So, now we could start under the actual test conditions. First, loud music is played and both speakers are compared, again, DBR sounds tidier but a bit shrill. The ZLX sounded too bassy at first, but the DSP let it fix directly. ZLX now sounds good, but not so differentiated and a bit more compact in sound. Our critical guitarist was on the side of the more tidy DBR.

Next step was to play some songs with the band and to light the monitors with my Kemper bass signal. Both PA-Boxes about ~90% turned up (before the sound just suffers or the limiter starts) and played alternately. I would say that the Yamaha can tack one louder than the ZLX, maybe the ZLX also has some air upwards, because the limiter didn't even have to intervene at the set volume (very nice to see via the front LED, super feature)

Then it started, who will prevail against 2 guitars and drums (Metal):
    The DBR had good bass pressure, but where did the shrill highs go? They were completely gone in the band mix, no more audible/capable treble, I couldn't hear my touch/attack sound, mids were only locatable somewhere in the backround and that although the DBR was a bit louder than the ZLX.
    ZLX tested, what can I say, it was a little quieter, but the bass sound came through the way I know it at home via Kemper on studio monitors + just band. You hear the amp character, bass is there, the touch/attack sound in the highs is present, it cut trough the mix, great :D

We played a few different songs, once DBR, once ZLX and our guitarist always spoke up, whether A or B pass = the winner was always ZLX. It was also clear to our guitarist that you would definitely take the ZLX. Great sound, money saved compared to the DBR and still 2kg less to carry, I'm happy :D on occasion will be ordered a second one after. "

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

Actually, any type of poti knobs with 6mm shaft should work.

These were cheap Chinese knobs that should be found everywhere in Ebay/Amazon/Aliexpress/ect.

Here some links:
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/8Stk-6mm-L…gcAAOSwNmVaUEO3
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/5-Stuck-Me…GIAAOSwQcJaP~s5
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00…0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For some of them, however, I had to file the lower part a little shorter so that the adapter would engage. But no problem at all ;)

I have the problem with some profiles that have a cab and therefore a muffled/mulgy sound. But that's also something that disturbs me with many real amps/cabs.

That's why I usually only use DI profiles (without Cab-Sim). I find this much more transparent and the heights are not lost. I haven't had a problem with them either.

But it could also be that your QSC box emphasizes a certain frequency, which your room cannot tolerate. Louder bass is always difficult in small rooms.
    Have you ever played other preamps or amps via the QSC box? Maybe it's the speaker in general

so, I updated the zip file in the first post and added more profiles.

I have also shortened the names a little,

M = Modern Mode Profiles
    V = Vintage ModeProfiles

Almost all profiles have a light drive to capture the tube characteristics, it's nothing easier than turning out some gain at the Kemper ;)