Posts by javcab08

Well javcab08 for now I got myself a illuminator bridge. I didn't do a sound comparison with the Lithium and Illuminator but through my 2x12 cab with vintage 30's it sounds waaaay much better.The sound tightened up and harmonics were richer. I'm not a tech person but to the eye, the illuminator had much more winding. One would think just by looking at the lithium bridge it would've gone towards the neck. Anyway for now the illuminator works. I'll keep doing the research on the BK pickups.

One thing on the Instrumental pickups, being that I don't have facebook my wife sent Ethan a message before I received the illuminator and never got a response. The instrumentals were my first choice but never got a response. I'm sure he's busy I guess. Is facebook the only way to get a hold of Ethan? I'm still interested in trying these pickups out for myself.

Lithiums are made out of Alnico V magnets, so not so tight nor compressed as Ceramic magnet made pickups like the Illuminators or Painkillers from BKP per say.
    Lithiums have a nice vocal singing top end growling mids and kind of still figuring out the bass as its not as tight as my BKP Nailbomb ( Alnico ) that I have in a different guitar made out of similar woods.

Im sure Jeff Kiesel will come up with a new line of pickups. Im also looking to replace the Lithiums in the future, I think I'll go Bare Knuckle since Im familiar with their pickups and they have worked for me.

Hi. I would like to know if anyone here may have some hint as How to get this tone?
    Specially for the 8 string. I've been struggling myself to get a still good decent tone, I like Sergey's tones.
    I remember back in the day He was using Kemper profiler.

Thanks so much.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hey.
    I would stay away or keep my distance from Signature pickups or pickups that have someone elses name in them like the Illuminators (Petrucci). Because all of these pickups are made for the artist and they gear specifically. Alder is a brighter and tighter wood than mahogany that has more low mids and a sponginess to its sound. Just saying.

Bareknuckles are great. It all depends in what you want and your Kiesel wood combo. The guys at bkp are great at giving up advice and guide you in the right direction.

Even BKp signature (artist) pickups are well versatile and more "open minded" than other brands.

There is another brand of pickups called Instrumental.

Take care.

Hi jcclaudio212, I own a Vader Multiscale 8 string as well with lithium pickups. Alder body with maple necks or maple tops tend to be brighter sounding instruments and with not so much low end.
    My Vader sounds great thru the Kemper. My only itch with the Lithiums is that I wish they were more dynamic and clear through out the strings, Im talking about string separation when playing low strings and high strings together or almost one after another.
    I've only being able to find this with Bare Knuckle pickups, that string separation and dynamics, clear articulation.
    I've been so tempted to get BKP pups for the Kiesel but, that would be another expense.

The Kemper does a great job at keeping things clear.
    Lithiums are not bad, I just wish they were more articulated and clear.

But the wood factor is important as well, the reason why I mentioned an Alder body guitar with some type or maple neck or maple top will be brighter and tighter sounding then per say, a black limba body with a walnut top.
    Good Luck.

Hey Guys

Yes im using a mogami trs cable from out 1 i to remote 3 input and mono ts from out 2 into remote 4 input. Apologize about the delayed response.

Polarity... Well Mission stated the pedal should be set as Pedal Type 1. I dont know nor see a polarity option for the pedal.
    I switched it to Pedal Type 2 and it works BUT its not as accurate.
    I guess I'll keep trying.

thanks a lot!!

Hey thanks !
    There is one thing that is not mentioned Anywhere in regards to Morphing. I do have the pedal set as you described. I do.
    The issue and Here the response I got from Kemper support. If pedal doesn't reach Max range Value ( 127 ) the Kemper WONT morph. And with that being said, I checked the Rig Settings under morph page and There it was, pedal Mission Ep-1 KP won't reach max range! It only goes up to 117!? And That's why I can't do any morphing. So I emailed the people at Mission about this and No response yet!

So what I did, it just occurred to me , to change PedalType under System Settings, for this pedal Mission says its a Type 1 pedal right ? WELL IT doesn't work. So I changed to Pedal Type 2.
    Pedal Now reaches Max range (127) so Kemper now allows me to morph. The only issue is that pedal's behavior is not accurate.

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone!!
    I'll be selling the pedal.

Happy Holidays

Is your pedal set up as a morph pedal exclusively or are you using wah to morph ? If you are using the wah to morph function and trying to setup morphing on a rig with wah perhaps your pedal is remaining in wah mode ? Just a thought... . The Kemper is a quite versatile piece of equipment and has many configuration options and possibilties. As such, it can be a bit overwhelming or frustrating setting up some things until you become more familiar. Things to look at for your problem would include the first thing Ive mentioned, the morph being controlled by the momentary buttons or expression, The morphing actually being setup correctly on the rig. Start with a factory rig and confirm the way you are setup to morph in the menus and that it is working as expected. notice the parameters with the M on them...

Yes I have tried all of the above. Thanks. I'm not a wah type of person myself.

I emailed Kemper support, and they told me to look in the Rig Settings page for Morph and move the pedal to see if it was reaching max value ( this is 127 ) for morphing, because Kemper wont Do any morphing if exp pedal doesnt reach full value.

SoI checked and there it was. Pedal is setup as Pedal Type 1 for Morph function. And pedal was Not reaching max value, it only goes to 117 ?
    So ended up switching the pedal Type, from pedal type 1 TO pedal type 2

This works BUT pedal's behavior is not accurate as it was before. I know Mission Engineering says this pedal ( Ep-1 KP ) should be setup as pedal type 1 ? But if I set it for Pedal Type 1 it doesn't reach max value. I emailed Mission about this and Still NO response.

I think I'm gonna sell the pedal and get something that actually works, like my Boss FV-500 H.

Thanks Everybody that shed some light in here!! Happy Holidays!!

Good thing is that I'll be keeping my Kemper

HI I just bought a Kemper rack with remote and mission kemper pedal 3 weeks ago and Morphing is not an option for me.
    I dont know if anybody else have experienced this same issue

I have a thread about this already but only two members gave me their feedback and Im doing everything they are suggesting as far as setup goes.

I have my pedal calibrated and set to morph in System Settings.
    In Rig settings I see two tabs for the soft buttons on the rack for : momentary and another one for Morph button. Since I have a pedal thats calibrated and workign as a wah, volume and pitch, it works as morph as well, So I dotn need to do anything with these two soft buttons right?

Well kemper does not allow me to MOrph any parameter that can be morphed on my rigs neither on the ones provided as Morphing demo Rigs given from Kemper to download.

I see my pedal works with these Rigs, BUT if I adjust parameters to my liking, the "M" goes away immediately and it doesnt work anymore.
    IT wont work if I load my own Stack, Stomps or Effects and adjust for Morphing... IT wont work.

I can see the Led on the remote moving from the original rig to the "morphed" one BUT no changes no morphing ... nothing.

So is this a problem with the new OS or is there a WAY from Inside the KEmper, IN System Settings or RIg Settings that I'm missing is there a Soft button on the KEmper Rack that I have to Engage to have the any module that I need to adjust parameters from to be engaged to MOprh? with the "M" next or on top of the parameter?

I know my pedal is working fine.

Please help as this is a deal breaker to me.

Thanks a lot.

javcab08

If you have a remote, an alternative to using the morph pedal is to just click the slot button you are working on. There are two LEDs - when you first select the slot the lower one is lit indicating the 'base' rig. If you click it again, the upper one lights up indicating the morphed rig.

I've done this and as well it doesn't activate parameters neither gives me the "M" on the parameters to be morphed. I see the LEDs on the remote changing but that's all.
    Thanks for your help.
    I think this is an issue with new OS 5.0.3

Hey!!
    Im trying to Morph the same parameters I see in the Morph Demo rigs being "morphed" with the pedal. They have the "M" on them.
    I guess I'll try and put my own Amp and Cab and Eq in there and my own stomps and effects presets and go from there. I hope.

Ok so I tried doing this and adjusting "M" values for the effects with this option and as soon as I change values the "M" goes away and they don't morph anymore.
    So I don't know what's wrong with the Kemper. And I can't find any videos/tutorial explaining the Whole process from system settings to rig settings to How to "activate" parameters to be morphed.

Please.
    ?(||

Well the pedal does Work, it does Morph the parameters with an "M" on them, but unfortunately not the Rigs that are mine.
    My pedal works with the Rigs that were given as a download when featuring the morph function.
    I dont understand WHY I'm not able to do this operation on my own presets.

Anyways. I'll give it a couple of weeks. SO far everything was fine with my experience with Kemper until now.
    I used to have an Axe Ultra and other Tube amp gear. I was happy with the Kemper Until I tried to achieve my sound and setup as far as
    adjusting gain and mix on the fly goes. Morphing seem like a good tool and that I wouldnt have to be getting a separate Midi expression pedal, incurring in more expenses after spending enough for the the whole Kemper rig, just to control Mix, Gain, and other parameters with the Mission pedal.

?(||:(

Is your expression pedal working? Have you set it to the right polarity? Does it work as a normal wah pedal? No other reason why this wouldn't work.

Yes it works as normal wah pedal. So I think this may be something about the "RIG" settings more than the pedal itself ? Can Anybody share a Rig that they use for morphing with an expression pedal?
    Thanks a lot.

I have my pedal setup for morph in the System Settings and I see in the RIG settings a on page 5/6 Two tabs: "momentary" and "morph button" . Do I have to do something with these?

I see how the remote moves to the "upper LED" when moving the pedal to
    the toe position moving the knobs to what I need, but... when I go back
    to heel ... well nothing happens.
    Neither pedal to Toe, pedal to Heel do nothing but I do see the LED on
    the remote moving. Please help as It seems I do not understand how to
    use the RIG Settings parameter ?
    Thanks a lot My Kemper has OS Version 5.03. 12660