Posts by Job Posthuma

My comment has a very valid point:
    Based on empirical evidence gathered over 10 years in this forum, spread over numerous firmware and hardware releases/updates/announcements, there is always somebody who feels the need to point out that the features are not wanted/implemented correctly or in the wrong order, that 'the market' has moved somewhere else etc.

The online 'discussion' will always be led by a very vocal minority.

Can I read into this…that at KPA HQ the current hypothese is that there is a very limited group of customers that would appriciate the option to upgrade?

My comment has a very valid point:
    Based on empirical evidence gathered over 10 years in this forum, spread over numerous firmware and hardware releases/updates/announcements, there is always somebody who feels the need to point out that the features are not wanted/implemented correctly or in the wrong order, that 'the market' has moved somewhere else etc.

The online 'discussion' will always be led by a very vocal minority.

Maybe you are mistaken a customer expressing what he would like..for a customer criticizing business decisions?

The product exist already, it's called "Stage"

I would definitely like the full 8 fx slots simply to enable existing rigs to be used without any restrictions. However, it seems clear that the target market for thE player is pedal board users rather than a grab and go replacement for the big brothers. That market already has external FX for most things making 8 fx slot less important.

I would buy the player next to my current head, but wouldn’t consider a stage.

Idnk about target markets, don’t have opinions on Kempers strategies…I just say what I’d fancy ;)

Always switch Kone on when you use a Kabinet or Kone speaker…switch cabs off if you want to use imprints, leave them on if you want the Kone to act as a fullrange..and playback cab/mic in the profile.

Always switch Kone off if you use something else then a Kabinet. Switch cabs off if you use a guitar cab, leave them on if you use fullrange.

These settings do not impact the main outs.

It seems that the Halo does not feature a second delay tap or a crossfeedback.

Possibly similar to our Single Delay?

Not sure it does in the parameters of the unit…but it sure does under the hood. It’s a dotted 8 + 1/4 delay, feeding back in oneanother. So single delay will not work in my mind…

It’s a populair delay, (Andy Timmons signature preset) maybe worth making a kemper version ;). The current dual delay can get very very close to my ears…at least good enough for me to ditch the Halo from my “analog board” if the Player can do that ;)

I've recently been doing the same with the dual delay using crossfeedback. That control works great for achieving that specific rhythm. But I will likely just use the Halo with the player instead of the internal delays. Or...... I may decide to forgo that setting altogether to use the player without a pedalboard. Either way I'm not "bestricken" or even grief struck in any way. Lols

Was curious if you are using the crossfeedback setting @ 10 or some other setting that works better? Thanks

I get close enough to the Halo (on my analog board) using the dual delay on the toaster, crossfeedback between 5 and 10 to taste ;)

As far as I can tell, the Player atm doesn’t come with a delay that allows getting close, there’s no loop to incorporate the Halo pedal, so I’m afraid the Player isn’t for me.

I really anticipated on a 3 knob kemper unit hitting the market, and prefer to stick to one ecosystem…but the above plus absence of a global eq keeps a competitors 3 knob unit on my analogboard..and in my gigbag.

If the “complete enchilada” of efx would come available I’d probably go for it…so here’s a push from one potential buyer to make that happen ;) If it’s written in stone that that will be the case…I wouldn’t mind confirmation that that would also include a global eq.

And while I’m at this lobby quest with personal preferences, I wouldn’t mind a poly octaver to kick one more pedal of my board ;)

Im trying to wrap my mind on wether the delays would work for me. I use “Andy timmonish” delays..2 delays, analog typ, modulated, and crossfeedback.

The manual suggests that all delays have generic parameters, which include crossfeedback.

But..the only “2 delays type” seems to be the “Two tap”…the one in my current Kemper doesn’t have cross feedback.

Does the “Player” include a delaytype that isn’t in my toaster?…or is the delay type I look for just not in the box atm?

It plays full Rigs …

We are aware that the Profiler Player has the potential to serve the needs of very different users. On the one side there is the connaisseurs of pure amp tones, without the need for sprawling effect arrangements. On the other side there is the wish to play complex Rigs taken 1:1 from the big brother Profiler units. The Profiler Player has the theoretical potential to play full-blown Rigs. But I think it is understandable that we have not drawn a Profiler at half the price of a Profiler Stage but 85%-ish of it‘s featues.

Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage.

The ability to create Profiles on the Player is also a story discussed by our team. There is a few issues to be solved, such as how to use the sole input of the Player for the return path and provide an A/B comparison.

Would that include global EQ on the monitor output? That particular feature is very helpful (essential even) when you use the device into returns of different venues amps….

And may I suggest to consider owners of one of the other models to be considered as “licensed for the full feature pack” ;)