Posts by MarcoCultro

Moreover, another enormous issue of the looper: because there is no volume control i guess they worked with a "intelligent" compression, so if you record ad a volume, let's say 10, the moment you push the playback button the KPA push the volume of the direct dry signal up of something like 4-5 Db, so if you have the loop going and you are playing at the same time the same phrase, because you have to switch preset after you recorded to play another phrase but you need the time to do so, but you don't want to stand still for the whole of a looped phrase like a damn playback/karaoke artist, the volume of the dry (pushed up in volume insanely) plus the wet signal, result in a dramatic volume increase for that loop.

i repeat, the looper is totally useless as it is now.

This refers to having the simulated cab on through main outputs but off through your physical cab. <span style="text-decoration: underline">This is essential for live use!</span> You don't wanna have a simulated cab being played through your real cab but you of course wanna have that simulated cab on…

Thank you so much for the welcome :)
    yes, that's what i was asking and now i have digged some more in the manual and forums i clearly understand.
    it remains the problem that ,if you are using the loop on Studio profiles, the moment you'll be switching between profiles while a phrase is looping you can clearly hear the EQ of the looped part change, because of the application of differente CabDrivers algorithms.

Quote from MarcoCultro: “so he's telling that the CAB block is &quot;off&quot; via MOnitorCabOff, BUT the CabDriver is on? what's the meaning of this?”

CabDriver is the computational part of the OS that renders the sound of a rig by calculating how it should…

totally understood. i will be using only Direct Profiles - merged cabs to do what i need. it seems the only way around the problem for now.

It remains "open" the second feature request: a volume for the looper (like in percentage of the original signal) and the possibility to assign to one physical output ONLY the Loop Out, with 0% dry signal, to have a separation between what you're playing over and what's being looped for various usage (even sending in different channels to the FOH or not having the cab "mesed up" by 2-3-4 tracks played at the same time).

thanks for the answers!

I've gone deeper in the problem of the changing sound of the looped phrase, and what i think is that the KPA is applying the CabDriver algorithm to the looped phrase in a real-time way instead of keeping the original cabDriver algorithm for it (or basically the original sound).

if so i can use Merged Profiles to have the Monitor Out (and thus the poweramp out) with no CabDriver applied for any profile, keeping the sound original, am i correct?

but the problem then is on the Main Outs: if the KPA applies the cab currently selected for the main outs the sound of the looped phrase will change as the preset is changed during looping.

i hope it will be possible to move the looper section in the real last position, after everything is applied

thanks

Hello everybody.

from the manual: "CabDriver makes it possible to separate the Amplifier and Cabinet Profiles of a Studio Profile, and combine them with those chosen from another Rig or Preset. It also allows you to switch off the cabinet simulation (“Monitor Cab Off”) to drive a real physical guitar cabinet."
    that's enough clear.

this is not so clear then: talking about a setup with a physical guitar cab on stage
    "For this setup, you need to bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT, so as to avoid running a cabinet simulation through a physical cabinet. The soft button "Monitor Cab Off" in the Output menu will bypass the Cabinet Profile for the MONITOR OUTPUT as well as the built-in power amp of PowerHead and PowerRack, while the Cabinet Profile stays active for the other outputs including the MAIN OUTPUTS. This is a global setting, and thus applied to all Rigs. However, the signal from the MONITOR OUTPUT is processed according to the kind of Profile included in the Rig: for regular Studio Profiles, the CabDriver algorithm is activated, whereas Merged Profiles feed the direct amp sound to the MONITOR OUTPUT and built-in power amp."

so he's telling that the CAB block is "off" via MOnitorCabOff, BUT the CabDriver is on? what's the meaning of this?
    furthermore, why if i take the CAB button off from a StudioProfile whith a cab plugged and MonitorCabOff activated the sound changes in the guitar cab? would'nt it stay the same, with Monitor Cab Off and CabDriver on, but anyway be the same with CAB block on or off?

thanks
    bye

Hello! i am a new owner but an old knower of the KPA, and first of all thank you for that great piece of gear.

let's come to the core: i am an heavy live looper user, being the only guitarist in my band, and having a lot of overlapping harmonies in my musical style.

i have two major feature requests about the looper:

1)i have a powerhead, plugged in a cab, i listen through.
    I have a clean and a distorted block in the same performance. if i record a clean loop, and then switch to the distorted sound while the loop is playing ,or if i take the CAB block off i can hear the loop change tone (NOTE:this only happens if "Monitor Cab Off" is checked)
    it seems like if the loop is positioned before the CAB block , changing tone if the CAB of the second bank differs from the previously used to record the loop.
    this change does not affect the headphone out, i can't tell if the monitor out is affected or not.
    Am i doing something wrong? is it a normal behaviour or just a bug?

2) i hope that i'm not missing something, but in all the manuals and reading i can't find a way to let the loop have its own output. let me explain. i play in a band with a drummer, with no click, so when i record loops, i am in need to send to the drummer in-ear-sys ONLY the looped part to play along, while i can play any weird shred on it without having him distracted. Now i did this with an Line6 DL4 looper, that is mono so i can have on the R side only the loop and send it via DI box to the drummer mixer, so he can hear it clearly and not muffled by the live-overplaying. so I am in need to have one of the output of the KPA selectable with something like "Looper only out" that takes ONLY the looped part to the out, with no direct signal.
    as part of this could be a volume for the looped signal, if possible, to have a strong signal go out from the "Looper out" and reach out with more level

thank you so much.

Marco