Posts by Stevie-J

Hello everyone

I’d really like to be able to have custom volume pedal curves for swells.

Looked around but seems little on the forum around this - before I spend $Xxxxx on a telonics unit any options or suggestions ?

Have I missed something obvious - I often do

I have a lehle and they don’t support this - though maybe even if they did it would not translate via expression use case anyway

appreciate any advice or ask what other people are using.

pS I do have a mission pedal as well but i don’t like it for volume. It’s ok for wah / morph but not nice for VP - for me anyway

Thanks in advance everyone have a lovely evening

There’s a few threads around this - switching between input and alternative input is a global / manual setting

I have a use case to run 2 instruments on a very particular way

Anyway - following up with Jan at Kemper support here are the MIDI commands to change it on the fly as it were remotely

I’m not sure what kind of controller I will need for than - any advise ?

Anyway. Apparently it IS possible as below in case useful to anyone

These are the commands you have to send to change the inputs:

CC#99 value 127 these are a series of global settings
    CC#98 value 44 this is the input source
    CC#06 Value 0 the value range is not used
    CC#38 value 0 is Front Input and value 1 is Alternative Input.

If logistics allow you could also run a an AB-Y box to send different sources

Doesn't work for me as I’m single wireless transmitter

I actually called kemper 2 weeks ago about this as I wanted to use both inputs same as you - they said only option was via some sophisticated midi co roller to switch the parameter

the other comment FX loop Is a good shout as well but again cable proximity depending

Thanks Bryan - I’m making progress -! Slow but sure

One q that would really help if how are you managing your volume pedal

Are u using a conventional one in front of the kemper input

Or an expression Pedal (if so pre or post stack)

I have a lehle i can try from my guitar rig so that seems an obvious choice but also might splash for a Hilton if I ever get good enough to play it properly !

Hah. Yes indeed. You are right

But I’m setting up a pedal steel and want to switch between guitar and PS live (per song)

The PS will live in a different spot on the stage

The main logistic issue is I’m using a wireless transmitter which makes an input switch tricky (receiver is racked with the kemper at rear of stage.)

Perhaps I’m over complicating ?

That’s also exactly what I want to do to enable a second guitar -

I also need to run an expression pedal which I was planning on dragging up FS 1 TRS from the kemper - any idea whether that might work via the maestro XP in ?

And will u run it in Bluetooth or cable it - if BT what is needed at the kemper end ?

I’m not being greedy - well I am a bit - but I want to run another expression pedal or 2 at front of stage

This is to run a second guitar without unplugging stuff

Currently have all 4 remote outputs populated -

Mission morph guitar 1

mission vol / wah guitar 1

Kemper A/B foot switch. Guitar 1

lehle volume (XP). Guitar 2

is like to add another A/B to guitar 2 to control patches etc from G2

I can of course drag a cable up from the profiler and use but I wondered if there were any way to split the existing remote outputs -

Just for ease / tidy

Sounds like a silly question but anyone ….?

I’ll keep you posted. I might make some breakout box for the RJ45 to feed both the remote and Lehle

From Lehle support

Code
    Could is feasible be powered by say a high output USB power pack ?

In theory this can work.

Cheers

Joki

Lehle GmbH | Joachim -Joki- Schaller

Support

Grenzstr. 153 | D-46562 Voerde/ Germany

Tel +49 2855 850070

Code
    Also. -   Why is it powered - it’s a pain to have it present a psu at front of stage 

The DUAL EXPRESSION pedal is a high end device, with sensors, digital potentiometers, microcontroller and so on. There's a built in computer.

Btw.: your Kemper remote has a Cat5 cable going over the stage right?

I don't see a problem to provide power for the LEHLE as well.

Joki

It will be also influenced by your Volume Pedal. I changed from Passive Ernie Ball with 500k pot to Lehle Mono Volume 90 for my PSG. Not the cheapest, but in this matter really one will fit all. It works with acoustic guitars as well as with Electric Guitar and Pedal Steel. The a.m. switch from Ed will merge your different inputs in front of the amp.

I’m also considering the lehle versus the DVP 5. Just so annoyed by having to power the L!!