Posts by johnboy10

Hi Guys,

Not played guitar at all for 3 months due to ill heath. I'm slowly getting back into it. lol

So I asked Marcus if these profiles were mix ready. They sound pretty sweet to me. What you guys think?

Video 1 is with Neck Humbucker Folreden Strat. Video 2 Single Coils Neck & Bridge Folreden Strat

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope you enjoy.

John

as someone who mixes and produces records for a living I'll say this; the profiles are 100% the sound of the amp well mic'd in my studio. So it's what you'd get if you had this amp and my particular mics in my studio. It's a boutique amp mic'd with boutique vintage microphones, as I said my U67 is serial number #1xx an early '60's mic, it's worth a lot of money, not everyone would have access to that even if they had a similar amp.

what you do then is up to the producer/engineer for the particular track/part.

It's easy to remove low's/highs if you don't want them but you can't put back what's not there, so I believe when profiling you capture the fullness of the amp in question and let the user decide how it's to be used.

Marcus

Thanks for the reply Marcus. I’ll be Ordering these later when I get home from work.

John

I think it's nice to do some demos using guitars that are not really the common ones like the Fender and Gibson stuff although I realize that probably most of you are playing one of them (or maybe both)...
    First in row is my Gretsch 6120. I love that guitar. It's like a French bulldog, it's so ugly that you love it for its uglyness. But it's a great guitar and it sounds very nice in combination with the twinkleland, Hi-watt and offset Marshall used in the demo 8)

External Content www.youtube.com

Superb Bert !!!!!!! You the Man!!! 8)

I really need to get your latest pack. That Offset Marshall is just killer. My go to Profile from you is the JTM 45 but that offset is well...........killer lol

John

Very nice Frank.

Make sure your sending the Number on the right Midi channel the Midi out channel on
    Logic must be the same as the Midi in on Kemper, or you set both units to Midi Omni
    then they send and receive on all 16 Channels
    Midi out from Logic must be Midi in on KPA

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Ill give what you say ago later hope that works.

Is a midi program change the same thing as a midi #CC ?

Thanks again.

Hi Guys

I'm trying to control my Kemper from Logic Pro X.

I have read the manual but having know joy. I purchased a M-Audio Uno interface and connected it has instructed. The interface is receiving midi messages indicated by the lights flashing.

I got the midi numbers from the manual , at the moment I'm trying to get stomp A to turn on/off. The manual states this is Number 17. Kemper does nothing.

How do I know if the Kemper is sending receiving midi messages?

This is driving me crazy. lol

I have watched this video and followed it to the letter.

Any advice would be cool

John

no it does not transfer MIDI. USB is only used for transferring data between the Profiler and a USB stick or between the Profiler and the Rig Manager software.
    The only other application is to connect a USB keyboard which makes typing of names and tags easier.

Thanks for the reply.

A video has just been released from Kemper showing the kemper being controlled from a Daw. What do I need to be able to do this?

John

Bert's Friedman!!!! You are so right Ash.
    Flying in a Bert's friedman dream............with the BM F-man C45 1 G7 M Profile.
    Added green scream in slot B to boost and a phaser in slot C. Delay on, ready to go.
    Guitar: Jem 7vwh

Cheers
    Frank

External Content soundcloud.com

Superb Frank! :):):):):)