Posts by Merkava

Figured this was the best place to start. I've been playing off and on since I was 8 and recently started getting serious again. A friend of mine had a Kemper and I plugged in. I've had tones I've liked before and they took a lot of work, but not until that moment had I plugged in and without much work liked what I heard. I have to say though it's not as strait forward now that I have my own. I'm not the best player for sure but I'm starting to think I have no idea how to create tones I like, in fact I'm certain. I don't think it's my guitars, they should be good (http://www.tkinstruments.com) and I believe the Kemper can do almost anything. I jumped right in and maybe should spend more time in the manual, not sure my inputs gains are set right, or if they need to be, but many of the highest rated rigs I've tried sound bad to my ears. I'm excepting it's my lack of understanding of how my new toy works and I'm looking for some advice on some basic first steps?

I'm using an old mosvalve SS stereo amp for now and 2 2x12 Legacy cabinets with 1 V30 and 1 G12T75 each. Thinking of getting a Line 6 L3M. So far I did like a few Bogner Shiva rigs from R.U.Sirius. I saw a youtube video of a guy nailing SRV with what he said was "Teey Tiny Feet" in the first amp pack, I downloaded it, loaded that preset and it was literally nothing like what I heard in the video. It was clean and had tons of effects? I must be missing something basic. Not trying to bitch, I just really want this to work out.

Thanks for any advice.