Posts by karlic

I think if you don't have a band mix and rely on "bleed" to hear the rest of the band, what tends to happen is people take out 1 ear piece...which is very damaging, worse than both out apparently. Seen it quite a few times and for me defeats the point of IEMS.

That is a dangerous practice and I agree. However, with the yellow foam ear piece on my old Shures, it was like wearing ear plugs and I never removed them. I guess it depends on how loud your drummer is!

I think that achieves the same thing which is a band mix rather than I have seen many times just using IEM's direct from the KPA and I never understand how you then hear the rest of the band. Few people have their own monitoring system so I think its more typical to take an aux from the desk (I could be wrong).

When I first got my in ears and the rest of the band didn't want to, this is exactly what I did. Admittedly it's less than ideal, but using a cheap pair of Sure 215s at the time game me essentially a pair of ear plugs and a level on my guitar. It's a good way to bring volume down and hear yourself in a rock or metal band playing loudly. You simply plug a Kemper output into the in ears.

I agree with you that it is way better to get a full band mix though.

Prob not the answer you want but I never really understand why people want a direct feed into IEM and rely on ambient sound for the rest of the band.

I always take an IEM feed from the desk, so that I get a proper IEM mix. Yes you are reliant upon sound checking it properly, but it avoids the one ear in and one out I often see etc

I know others will disagree, but that for me is the best solution.

Not really disagreeing, but we all have different methods. I send stereo XLR out to FOH and then use the stereo jacks to our own monitoring system.

Don’t patronize me. I’ve been a Kemper faithful for more than 7 years. I’m just disappointed with the rollout and their slide into obsolescence with a complete lackluster level of support and communication over the last 8 months.

This forum is valued because it is a community that supports all members, rather than the nonsense that is social media. Some people have gone out of their way to help me over the last 9 years.

I’ve asked for a few features over the years and also a smaller Kemper with all connections and features. None of that came about, but then it’s not my decision to make.

The software support for the Player has been abysmal. Clearly they rushed the hardware to market without a clear idea of how to roll out the software.

As is, the Player is an incredibly anemic platform, especially considering how much Kemper could allow it to do, even if that meant charging users a fee to unlock features. The onboard effects leave so, so much to be desired.

Kemper offer a full refund up to 30 days if you are unhappy.

....and expensive these days. But cheaper than the Roland Dimension D rack.

The Helix has a model of it in the Legacy (M9 / M13 models) models added a few years ago. Its not as good as it could be - but does let you have upto 4 presets at once) - but its definitely not impossible to model.

Yes, I have a Helix. Great unit, but I prefer the Kemper effects personally and keep the Line 6 as a backup live.

I checked out a Pete Thorn video on the re-release Dimension C and managed to get a very similar tone from Micro Pitch. There seem to be more controls on this new version than the original, but Detune on 7 and Mix at 50% was good.

What update are you guys talking about?

I must be out of touch.

Does anyone know if there are upgrades for the human brain. My memory banks need upgrading.

Maybe we are finally getting that luscious chorus I been dying for. Besides that I can't think of anything I want this thing is already quite amazing.

Ok time to go and google Kemper updates. Keeping my fingers crossed for a chorus. You guys have an awesome day.

It was for tremolo and slicer effects that I remember. Check out Tone Junkie videos from January for a demo. It sounded really good.

The most issues I have with iem are related bone conduction when singing. But that‘s a different issue and we‘re highjacking the thread 😂.

I think I‘ll give it a try at our next rehersal weekend, where we set up the whole PA. But I‘m not relying on that, so everything is fine. Was just a thought.

For me rehearsals are a completely different sound whether you have speakers, or not. For a live show, the weight of sound from the PA at full volume in the venue brings a lot of low end, even through custom old in ears.