Posts by kizzer

What are the reasons u need an editor :?:

For me it would be convenience.

I use the Kemper solely for recording and so use Rig Manager to select all my profiles from my Local Library, so it would be great to have a tab system integrated into Rig Manager to control all parameters. Ideally (for me) the editor would include:

1. Lock buttons to lock any section (Amp/ Cab/ Fx etc)
    2. Control over any parameter via a tab system (Amp section/ Cab Section / Fx Section/ Input - Output section etc)
    3. Ability to save a profile to a specific folder within the Local folder.

As a side note I would love Rig Manager to allow more than one level of nested folder.

I remember when I was ordering it, I just wanted something that looked good that wasn't boring black!

I have to admit it always thought it was Gunmetal grey, but looking at the catalog I see that it was called Grey Satin. They had a Gunmetal Blue; I'm not that up to date on guns, but can't remember seeing any blue ones!

Bought myself a lovely old Tokai Les Paul Junior the other day, so now its time to move one from the herd.

Up for sale is my Esp M3 Deluxe in Grey Satin built in Japan. I bought this new from the US in '99. I was into a lot of the heavier bands of the time, but my musical tastes have mellowed somewhat since then, hence the Les Paul Junior, so as this isn't getting used, its time to move it out.

Its in great condition with an Alder body, Rosewood finger board, Original Floyd Rose Trem and ESP pickups and original locking ESP case. (I've included the esp '99 catalog details in one of the pictures)

I have managed to misplace the whammy bar over the years and there are a couple of light blemishes to the body where a couple of stickers were applied (i've tried to show this in one of the pictures).

A precision guitar that is not being used enough by me anymore, so its time to send it to a new home.

£650 ono

[Blocked Image: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/esp%20pic%202_zpsrplilutj.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/ESP%203%20b_zpsx59rhcb8.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t378/kizzertron/ESP%20CAT_zpsfssbnn1m.jpg]

Cheers for the reply Burkhard!

I have been using direct amp profiles for recording and the ability to swap out cabinets is great. I have been using Till's Cablab which is awesome, so I wanted to make profiles of all my speaker combinations at home with a few of my mic's.

The merge process makes it easy to setup a nice amp sound and then take a direct amp profile and then make multiple studio profiles moving the mic to different placements. You can then merge all the studio profiles with the direct profile and then separate and save the cab's.

At present I use Rig Manager for all my profiles, as I have setup folders for each of my guitars with their direct amp profiles in. It would be handy to have folders for individual cab's as well rather than having to go through hundreds with the browse knob on the Kemper.

I suppose a work-around would be to just save the merged profiles to individual folders in Rig Manager and rename them as the speaker/mic/mic position. This way I could lock everything but the cab section and then cycle through the cab presets in Rig Manager.

I have a couple of questions about Cabinet Presets I'm hoping you guys can help me out with.

Does anyone know how many Cabinet presets the Kemper can hold?

And for those using the newest Rig Manager (1.5), can Cabinet presets be viewed and filed in Rig Manager yet?

Cheers

Made a little video where I try the same direct amp profile through all 58 cab's included with the cablab.

Lots of great possibilities to change the tone available, good stuff Till's, hopefully you'll do a 2nd cablab, maybe with some different types of speakers and cabs, maybe alnico's - hint hint! ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Exactly what I was looking for! Awesome! :) the only thing I'm curious is what cables to use from amp output into countryman and from countryman into can? Speaker ones, right?

Speaker Cable from amp into di
    Speaker cable from di to cab
    XLR cable from di (microphone out) to Kemper.

Cheers for taking a look, and yes, the first merge was user error from me!

The second is a lot closer, I have just reamped the same guitar part through the Direct Amp profile miced up and the Merged profile with the cab off miced up:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It sounds very close, I can hear a negligible difference, but too small to cause any problems.

So far this sounds like a great proof of concept to me.

I wholeheartedly agree, you guys have done great work, I am continually amazed at how the direct profiles sound exactly like the real thing, yet allow me to re-mic as I please!