Posts by imrecs

Thank you for all the advice so far! Okay, I feel very good about not going to the powered version knowing they make retrofitted power amps IN STEREO! I believe the power head is only mono, right? I'd rather have the possibility of stereo than be stuck with a mono poweramp. If I feel the need for one down the line I will ask again to see what's the leading model at that stage in the future, but happy to know there are options outside of an external power amp, as saving space and portability is important.

Dirtstyler: Can you tell me more about the EHX Magnum .44? I read about that and thought that might be a great way to just use for a small speaker to get feedback....but.

Paults: I'll check out the DXR8 as an alternative to the EHX Magnum .44 and a small single speaker. Looks cool.

Raoul23: You say you have no problem getting feedback without a stage monitor? How does that work? I thought feedback was directly related to having the pickups and speaker creating a feedback loop. Enlighten me as I will be solely monitoring myself via IEMs and going direct to FOH, so the idea of getting a speaker on stage for me is only for the sake of getting feedback, not for hearing anything.

Hi,

I want to know if this is possible, and how I would go about doing it. I want to use a Fractal FX-8 alongside a Kemper and get the benefits of both Fractal and Kemper FX, with Kemper amps (and also some analog overdrive and fuzz pedals).

The FX8 has a "four cable" setup, so I believe I can go from my guitar -> some analog fuzz/od pedals (rjm mini effects gizmo so they can be turned on/off via midi) -> FX8's "Pre" section, mono-out ->Kemper input -> Kemper Stompbox Effects -> Kemper Amp/Cabinet-> Kemper effects loop send into FX8 "Post" section Mono in -> Stereo FX8 effects -> Stereo Out into Kemper (not sure how I would connect a stereo fx loop return) -> Kemper Stereo Effects -> Kemper Outs. Is this correct, and if so how do I connect the Stereo FX return to the Kemper?

Will it be possible to sync up the Mini Effects Gizmo, FX8 and the Kemper all to a single midi controller like the Kemper foot controller? Or to also have a computer send midi messages out to both units so that switching is sequenced automatically along with some backing tracks/clicks? How would I connect all of this?

Just wondering the possibility of uniting both Fractal and Kemper and getting the best of both worlds?

I am just wondering if SPDIF is the best way to record the Kemper? My converters /interface is RME (great drivers but not the best converters) and I have some high quality preamps, though I was consdering selling my preamps if I can get a better sound just recording the Kemper via SPIDF? I only record at 44.1 so that's not an issue, and I like the idea of getting both an effected/profiled audio well a a DI signal to reamp either through the kemper, or into a real amp at a later date.

Does Spdif also work for running the kemper live through an interface, into ableton/mainstage for live mixing and fx, and then to front of House? Is it reliable?

Questions about rig switching. Is it possible to connect the Kemper to Ableton or Mainstage and have the presets and fx switch automatically responding to midi commands on a timeline/backing track?

How is the rig switching time currently? I read there used to be some issues. Is there seamless switching between different amp and fx combinations (i.e. a marshall with delay and overdrive, switching to a fender with reverb and tremolo, switching to something else with something else, etc.)

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a Kemper Amp and wondering if I chose the right one for my situation. I got the regular head version (not rack, not powered).

I plan on using it for live and studio. In the studio I will probably run it via Spdif direct. For live, I will run the Kemper direct to the PA, and monitoring using in ears.

However, I am wondering if I should have ordered the powered version; while I plan on monitoring and sending the kemper direct most of the time live, I also understand I may need to send some signal out through a speaker to get feedback like a real amp would on stage. The idea of having a power amp is also nice incase I just want to bring the Kemper to a jam session with other friends/groups and plug in to a speaker cabinet. Not sure if it's worth the extra $ though considering it won't make much of a difference to the audience or myself in terms of monitoring. I am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative that will take up a very small footprint and can do the job for feedback and occasional jam sessions? If the built in power amp is a match made in heaven, I'd consider returning the Kemper I just I bought and upgrading to the powered version just so I don't have any regrets down the line...is there an external power amp that is highly recommended instead of the built in one? Perhaps a stereo power amp so I can run stereo fx?

Also wondering if I should have gone with the Rack unit? The rack would be nice, but I wanted to choose the one that would be the most portable for fly dates and such. Is the rack version portable enough to take on a plane carry on in a small rack case, or is the head version best for this sorta thing?

Thanks!