Posts by RLT

I think I am having this same problem. It doesn't seem like you should have to turn dist sens and reamp sens all the way up. When I do that it gets closer but still does not sound right. I posted a thread about it in the troubleshooting section.

Hey everyone -

I am having a problem with my reamping. I don't know what I did wrong - I have done it successfully in the past. I am reamping heavy distorted guitars and using a SINMIX profile. I am using SPDIF. When my reamp comes back, it sounds like it is still partially the DI track with a little distortion on it, but, nothing like profile should sound with distortion and saturation etc. I have SPDIF output on Master Stereo. I played with distortion sense, reamp sense, SPDIF volume, main volume etc. I can get closer cranking distortion sense all the way up, but, I know I shouldn't have to do that. Is my DI volume too low? Can you give me a guide on what these different volume and sense levels should be? Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have NIs komplete but haven't looked through the loops. I'm glad you mentioned this I will check them out. If they map to EZD (I'm not good with this so I'll have to check it out) then they will show up. The only thing here is the non-toontrack loops show up in your browser tab and you can drag them into the search tab and put it in the find similar box and it will find all the similar loops - but it seems to only find similar with toontrack loops, not your other loops. For me- unless I'm doing something wrong or missing it - only toontrack loops show up in the search tab. But again you can find them in the browse tab and put them in the song creator and the song creator will create all the song parts - intro, verse, bridge, chorus, etc from that loop, edit them etc. Basically everything but search similar for them.

Man, Ingolf needs to get out of my head.

First I'm thinning "I'll wait for SD3 to implement this" but then I'm thinking "But if this reduces my work flow and takes hours out of drum track creation, plus I get the libraries, well that's not too shabby"

Patience has never been my strong suit regarding my music hobby...

I will watch the two video's first with some towels to hold the drool. I've been DREAMING of a way to tap in a beat and find not only among my MIDI what is similar, but what commercially might be available. Stellar idea if implemented well enough.

This is exactly what it does. It's great. It will show you the loops you have purchased and if you click a button - all of the loops toontrack has and what is similar - and of course a link to purchase them!

After watching a guy create an entire song's drum part in less than five minutes, I'm sold.

BTW - Audiodeluxe.com is a great place to get Toontrack licenses - they always have the best deals. AND, they now also sell on eBay - so, you can "make an offer" to buy things for less than their normal best price.

Great tip - you just saved me some money on loops! Thanks.

I have Logic Pro X and have tried the drummer. It's FAIRLY versatile once you slice up the sections into smaller bits (that is, not use just one region for the whole verse, etc). Workflow-wise, I'm a bit ambivalent.

There's a push/pull control, which is awesome. I think it works directly on the underlying MIDI region (i.e. if you pull the drummer region to a regular midi track, it retains the push/pull feel.

Biggest downside to Drummer I've noticed: No humanization to timing or velocity. All velocities for the snare for instance are e.g. "122" for all main snare hits within the region (I'm pretty sure, but haven't verified it - just something I noticed once). So humanization with velocities and timing still need to be done manually.

What about EZDrummer 2, does it have humanization features to both velocity and timing - and do those transfer to another VI if you want to use e.g. Slate?

I don't see humanization in there - I do that in my DAW. You can quantitize, change tempo, change playing style by changing power hand, remove kit pieces, and all the other stuff on choosing different drum samples, eq, etc. I'm not an expert on this stuff - I guess that's why it seems great for me.

I really like it. The new kits sound good and the new features are.....well, exactly what these programs should have had a long time ago. The browse tab nicely lays out all your loops, the search tab is amazing - you can filter through your loops by type of music, library, genre, timing, powerhand, play style etc. (only downside - that seems to only include toontrack loops - not others - others are in the browse tab though). You can also drag a loop into the midi drop zone or tap out a beat on the kit and it will analyze all your loops and select those that are most similar and show you a % of how similar they are. This works well. Then the song creator - the best feature for me - you can take any midi loop and it will create a song for you out of it. It creates verse, chorus, pre-chorus, intro, ending, bridge, fills etc. Then you have the song creator space where you drop your loops in to create your song. You can edit those by recording and adding additional drum beats by hitting the kit, or traditional midi editing. It also has pre-set song structures - so you can literally create a song in 20 seconds. For a time strapped bedroom recorder like me - this is what I have been looking for.

Ha! After having owned an AFX for a year or so and spending time on that board - people here are so much more relaxed and balanced about things. You would get flamed into oblivion posting anything about the KPA over there. Personally - after having owned both I think it's because people that own KPA's spend most of thier time playing and don't have the energy to spend all day on the board

Welcome brother. Same for me - 3 months and it's better than ever. I came from the AxeFX2 and it felt so good to sell that damn thing. I found a few go to profiles and now I actually play my guitar rather than tweaking and tweaking and tweaking and hunting for that secret sauce

EZD2 looks really interesting to me from the demos. I have EZ1 and I just don't think the sound is realistic enough compared to SSD (I don't have SD). Another big advantage to toontrack is all the available loops. that is huge for me. For the time crunched bedroom studio player like me that just likes to crank out stuff for my enjoyment alone it could be huge. I guess I should be prepared for a big letdown!