Posts by Silence2-38554

Basically not :D

You'll need a power amp, whether in the KPA or standalone or in the cab. Better if it is linear and not for guitar.

Personal preference. If you're running into a guitar cab, you'd turn the Kemper's cab emulation off. If you're going into a flat response PA speaker, you can use whatever cab profile you like.

I've had a thought??????

Buy both use the toaster with the built in amp as a gigging solution and the rack one without the amp for the studio. It could be put in a rack and left alone!!!!!! There you go I've just talked myself in to buying both. Better remortgage my house now lol :D

If we keep badgering them hopefully they will post the new floorboard controller on FB as well tonight fingers crossed

This. I actually just bought the un-amped rack & after realizing what a pain it is to pull out of my studio rack & re-install in the road case, etc, I am exchanging it for the powered toaster. Eventually, I will probably buy the un-amped rack again, but the powered toaster will suit all my needs for the time being :)

Someone on another forum mentioned that the power supply in the non-powered KPA's are universal, while the power supply in the power head/rack is not, meaning I would need an external converter if I were to take it out of the US. First, I'm wondering if this is true? Second, is this only regarding the power amp section? For instance, if I buy a power head, could I still run everything other than the power amp section without issue & go straight to the PA?

So the other day, I brought my Kemper rack over to a friend's house that has the black toaster version. I liked the toaster so much, I may actually exchange my rack for one. However, I noticed that the FEEL of the Type & Browse knobs differed quite a bit between the two units. The knobs on the rack feel very solid, and respond with a confident "CLICK" when you turn them, almost like turning the dial on a big safe. The toaster's knobs on the other hand, felt sort of cheap and toy-like in comparison. Again, I know this is incredibly nit-picky, just something I noticed between the two units. Has anyone else noticed this?

So basically, I'm wondering if the 600w class D amp in the Kemper is powerful enough to adequately drive say, an Ampeg 8x10 running a bass profile in a band rehearsal / live situation. My original plan was to run the Kemper rack into a Matrix GT1000FX, but now that I've had the rack for a bit & am realizing the portability advantages of the power head, I may have Sweetwater exchange it for me while I'm still in my return window. The thing is, the 2x12 I'd be running it through (a very nice Emperor cab) is 16 ohms mono, 8 stereo, which would put me at only 300 watts from the Kemper's mono amp. I would like the flexibility to run whatever setup I end up with to run into either a guitar or bass cab & be loud enough with a good amount of headroom as well. I know the Matrix can do this, I'm just wondering if the Kemper amp could stand up to the challenge.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I would really like a way to profile my stomp box collection, rather than making a profile with that stomp box already in line. I would imagine that a different type of algorithm would be needed, but it seems that it would be possible to simple take the direct out from the Kemper, into the pedal, then back into the Kemper. Then throughout the profiling process, the Kemper could maybe prompt the user to sweep parameter "A" from it's lowest to highest value, then Parameter "B" and so on. This way, the Kemper could memorize the full range of adjustability for each pedal / processor / effect. It seems like this should be possible & add a lot of flexibility to people's rigs! Thoughts?

So I took the opportunity to use the upgrade option for those of us that bought a KPA early, and yesterday I got my PowerRack. I was really curious as to how the internal power amp would compare both in sound and power/headroom with my beloved Matrix GT1000FX -- having everything in a 3U sized unit instead of a separate head and rack mounted amp would really make things simpler.

If you could please elaborate on any noticeable differences between these two amplification sources, that would be great. I just got my KP rack, and an thinking of exchanging it for a power head while I'm still within the return window. The original plan was to pair the rack with a GT1000FX, but I'm now realizing the portability advantages of the lunchbox & how nice it would be to just have the power section built in & be done with it. From what I've gathered online, the Kemper power module can sound more natural for clean & dirty tones, but the Matrix wins hands down for Hi-Gain stuff, which is mostly what I play. How would you compare the two volume/tone wise?

Hey everyone! This is my first post on your fine forum here & I am still weighing the pros & cons of which KPA to buy. I have an order in with Sweetwater for a KPA rack that I was going to eventually pair with a Matrix GT1000FX 1U rack amp. I like this option because of it's added flexibility & it's almost the same price as getting the integrated amp of the power rack. The problem is, Sweetwater is back ordered until the second week of January on the non-amped KPA's, but the Power Rack & head are both in stock. That being said, I do like that I could save that rack space by having the amp built into the KPA. I'd really like to hear from someone that has run both power amp options into a guitar cab & what they thought about each regarding feel / headroom / etc. if the KPA's power amp is really worth the $$, I'll probably just pull the trigger and get one now. Thanks!