Posts by Silvertonekid

First off after owning the Kemper for a while now, its a good piece of gear but it could be great with a few fixes in the Firmware. These upgrades would make the kemper an all in one recording/live solution for guitarists especially when they are competing with fractal for business it seems like upgrading the effects are a no brainer... I don't know if these will ever happen because I haven't seen a whole lot of updates to the delays and reverbs. Its frustrating that I actually need more gear when i know the kemper could do things like this. Anyways, I hope it happens soon.

Things I see that need fixing and upgrading:

1. Separate volumes for MONITOR AND SPEAKER. I could see linking this being useful for some people, but for some of us who play live we need a dedicated volume for the monitor out and a dedicated volume for the speaker out.

2. Treble cut in INPUT CONTROLS under clean sense and distortion sense.

3. Beefed up DELAY AND REVERB parameters
    A) I have to have multiple delays and reverbs. The ability to be able to route them in front of the amplifier as well is a must.
    B) It needs a pitch parameter
    C) Feedback control for Pre-delay in reverb
    D) Reverse reverb and delay..
    E) Gain control for reverb and delay for creating tube echo/ mangled verb sounds.
    F) Swell/slowgear/superego/freezegliss parameter in reverb and delay.

Why can't I run out from the monitor out, and the speaker out, at the same time? They are both connected, both work when I unplug the other. Is there something Im missing or is this just a bug that needs to be fixed in an upcoming software update?

So i have the kemper power rack into a xitone 2x12 cab (frfr style speaker) and I have a 4x12 and peavey at home too. I was wondering if I could run the monitor out or direct out of the kemper into the peavey 6505+'s fx loop for more volume and a slight beefier tone than i currently have in conjunction with my speaker out to my xitone frfr 2x12.... If this is possible, which one would be better the monitor or the direct out. I use the parallel direct signal path in my rigs a lot so that may affect the choice between monitor out and direct out. So i wanna know if this is possible, if you guys think it would be a good idea, and which one i should use, and why. Thanks Guys!!

frfr speakers are not going to seem as loud because of how much air a 4x12 cab can push out. but in terms of clarity you can't beat it. I'm running the stereo outputs as just an effects signal, and the direct out to the mixer along side my speaker out to a xitone 2x12 passive speaker live. Sounds pretty awesome!! Really loud on stage. I am thinking about running a tube amp in a parallel path for a richer sound but that is pretty ocd...but if your looking for a speaker i would recommend checking out xitone. They are reasonably priced and sound good.

On all the distorted profiles i play i get crazy unmusical feedback. Not like a loose chord feedback, but annoying all the same. I should mention though that this does not happen on my bridge pickup or my neck pickup, but anytime i want to use any of the middle switches to use multiple pickups it squeals like crazy. Is there a remedy for this because i really like the middle position for my clean tone, but when i switch on the distortion profiles it gets really bad. Im pretty sure that i don't get it because of playing my amp too loud because i've turned the master down real low and this still happens. And its not just one patch its like all the distorted patches. please help.

Thanks for the replies. So the reason I need the more fx is not because they aren't good, its just that I need to be able to move around the delay and reverb slots.
    For example I've used all pre-gain slots abcd for a fuzz pedal before...Another thing to mention is I run my powerrack kemper into an frfr style speaker, but I'm going to run out of a peavey 6505+ head as well with a real guitar cabinet at the same time. In other words, 2 amps.
    The hd pro x is mainly for fx for the 2nd amp and anything I cant do on the kemper like...delay-phaser-delay into kemper's front end.

The 2 things I am unfamiliar with and completely don't understand is Performance mode, and midi mapping. I couldn't get performance mode to do anything. Totally didn't understand what to do. What's the benefit of it? And midi mapping seems like it would be convenient, but I'm not really sure. Would it enable me to this: Preset 1 on midi raider I want AC30 on the kemper to recall preset 2 on hd pro x, or preset 2 on midi raider I want Fender Bassman on the kemper, and recall preset 5 on hd pro x?

Lastly how do you have your midi controller setup? Do you use all for presets or use some IA switches? Which ones work best for you, and why??

I forgot to add. I've been going back and forth between a line 6 hd pro x which I could store in my rack +1...but the m9 i could have at my feet to turn off the fx when needed without changing patches +1....which one looks like a better solution to you?

I have a few issues I need help fixing. For one, I need more effects (especially delay) than the kemper profiler has. I have the power rack version and i've used it live and it sounds good but like I said I want to configure it differently. I was gonna pick up a line 6 hd pro x. This sounds confusing to use in an logical way with a midi raider. I'm pretty new to midi controllers. I have the rocktron midi raider. So secondly, does anyone know if I can program presets on both peices of gear with one controller? Lastly I really want to make my profiler act as more of an amp machine rather than fx and amps. Anyone know any good way to setup up this configuration where I wont have a million kemper profiles that are all really similar???