Posts by jonwormwood

Got my SPDIF cables and there was a clicking/clipping sound, updated to 2.01, still present, switched cables, still present.

It's not clipping the input of my interface (MOTU ultralite mk3), still happens when I turn the down output of the SPDIF from the kemper.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? When I'm using XLR out, there is none of this clipping sound.

So I've made some awesome metal profiles of my Lee Jackson Gp1000. Two of them actually! One is a transition '87 that is modded for more gain and a original 88. 'Everything thru a cranked VHT 2502 with 6L6's and Kt66's into a marshall 1960b with a Sm57 and a senn 906 on flat mode. I've got an Ashley pqx571 para eq in between for some needed Eq. (For those who have never played a lee jackson.... MID city) I'm going to put my heavily modified pre73 in front of the kemper for a few. Who knows

I'm making a few more tonight, then I fly across the country tomorrow and I will sort through them and upload my favs and what not. Just thought I'd let you guys know :thumbup:

EDIT: Search Gp1000 on the website, enjoy! :thumbup:

May i ask which IEM brand u are using? Do u have a problem with the high end?
    I also use a quad driver and the low end is great but as i was explaining in a few posts above mine are a bit accentuated in the high end which bothers me because it makes my guitar sound harsh. So i was wondering about ur experience since u are using quads as well..

Company out of Orlando Florida, In-earz. We got an endorsement about 2 months ago. Super cool people, if I asked for more 60hz thump, they'd swap drivers or add more. My next pair will be a 6 driver with a seperate mid low driver.

But as far as highs, i would use the terms 'tubey' or 'warm' to describe mine. Not harsh highs, and smooth!

We use a fully isolated IEM mix, direct gtrs/bass, mics split, everything goes into a MOTU 828mk3, 5 separate stereo mixes, sennheiser wireless, all controllable from an iphone/ipad. We use custom IEMs, mine are 4 drivers. Best low end I have ever heard. The MOTU has internal DSP (EQ, comp, verb) but will be upgrading to the behringer x32 rack when that finally comes out. Kemper, axefx, and a gsp1101. Everything changes via MIDI

We made the choice after this terrible sound guy almost fucked our hearing. A little louder does not mean 10db. With no amps, cabs, etc to move and setup, setup time is comparably the same. All gtr/bass stuff sits in one 12u that is super light, then drummer has a rack with all the computer stuff.

We are going to snake everything together with DB25 connections so setup will be lightning fast. Run power, two cables... uh... make sure guitar is tuned? That quick.

It takes time to 'learn' to love the dry sound. It's awkward at first but in the mix it isn't so bad. For those who have that mushy problem, if you can control eq, everything has too much low mids, sub lows, etc.