• Steinberg Nuendo
    • Beyerdynamic M160 ribbon mic
    • Aputure Deity Connect dual wireless microphone system
    • Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro
    • Expression E Touché MIDI controller
    • Marcus Miller M7 5-string bass
    • Ortega Jade 4012 CE 12-string acoustic guitar
    • ... and a lot more I just don't remember now

Watch the video I made and posted today. There you'll see.

i watch the video. thank you for taking time to do this. it looks your conclusion is the KD is only capable a tube screamer drive. And the available parameter cannot change this. If yes then what paramater need to be added to KD to recreate other pedal beside the tube screamer?

also you tested the powerboost pedal to eq the Klon pedal. But did not do the same powerboost pedal to eq the KD. Is that different result?

Have you seen this italian guy in the other video trying to compare his Klon to the Kemper Drive presets? Just listen to his sound and switch to the video I posted, back and forth ... then you'll understand ;) It's a galaxy of a difference.

i see your point, thank you for sharing the video. The Klon pedal sound great yes. What parameter need to be added to the KD to get more closer to this tone?

Check that from a guy who knows how to use a Klon and see how the difference is massive. Huge, warm low end and still open and all "forward". Don't buy a Klon and try to make it a Tubescreamer. Wasted money. ;) Either indulge in an hour long Klon demo or just watch from 15:16 for a quick rendezvous with what a Klon actually does.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

HI, regarding this "Don't buy a Klon and try to make it a Tubescreamer. Wasted money"

I dont understand. What is the point of this comment? How do you make a Klon a tubscreamer?

I 100% agree with you. And what you describe is exactly what I do since 8 years ... and likely continue to do with great pleasure. Real pedal(s) in front and the world is good for me.

But apart from that being said, I'm still curious enough to try new stuff to see if it gets me where I want.

Let me keep this post short for a change and just link a video snippet (from 1:26 to 2:05) that quotes Bill Finnegan himself and what he had in mind when he made the Klon .... and then I think everyone will understand why I kept using the term "openness" which is quite the opposite of what a Tubescreamer (and the Kemper Drive) actually does.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

i am late to this - has anyone done a blind a/b test between the KD (KO) Klon presets and the real Klon or even clone? And correctly guess the real thing? Are they close or very different and distinct?

As far as folks saying "you have unlimited amps, why do you need more OD flavors?", I have a few select profiles I use consistently, but sometimes you just wanna "goose" them a little for more breakup in a specific way.

If those folks have a way to dial in a authentic sounding fuzz please share:)

I had something like this happen before. Do you have open cable connected to any of the pedal inputs with no pedal on the other end? Check for connection that may cause this issue.