Posts by DigitalTube

Sometimes I get the feeling the people who don't want a new version of a Kemper is to protect their investment.. :) afraid their Kempers will loose value.. Hey I own a Kemper rack, but if a KPA 2 is released and meets my needs I'll buy it.. we always have to be prepared to loose a bit when new versions come out, that's just the way it is ..

Each time a new digital amp box come out - I checked it out ....
    Korg, Digitech, Yamaha, Zoom, Line6, H&K, Boss, Fractal ....

... sometimes I liked it for a while ...

... but finally sold it and looked for the next box.

Then came the Kemper - and I don‘t search anymore

Same here, can't think of any decent one that came out that i didn't buy, when the Kemper came out i was one of the first to order one.. kept it along the Ace FX for about 6 months.. Kemper was missing some effects i needed at that time ( Harmonizer etc) and I didn't trust the OS for live use.. kept using the Fractal, now still have the AXE and Kemper rack, but need something very portable and that's where the GT will shine i think/hope :)

I think it will become very popular, I ordered one but hasn't arrived yet, but I have played one for a few hours and you can get very decent sounds out of it, I plan to use it for all fly gigs, and keep the Kemper and AXE II in the studio and maybe longer tours when it's mostly driving, the size of the GT is perfect for a carry on when flying, and the main reason I ordered one.

I think in some cases if a company announces they're working on something some people will wait for it and end up buying if they like the company's products better, for example the most popular ones Fractal, Line 6 Boss etc have floor units, we all imagine Kemper eventually will have one, but since there was never any world from Kemper about it, maybe say they're working on it etc.. we go out and buy other products, i just ordered the Boss,( plan to keep the KPA in the studio) it probably won't sound as good as my Kemper rack, but will get the job done, like me i'm sure others will do the same, and sometimes we find that the other units do certain things really well and end up selling the KPA, if they can't afford both and stay with other companies.. these days everyone is catching up to the Kemper little by little, I understand and respect the company's secret policy, but in my opinion they'll be loosing customers as the competition gets closer and closer.

I believe a foor Kemper will happen, I'm pretty sure CK is a very smart guy and can see the trend and success of all in one floor units and how close they're getting to the Kemper in amp sounds and with really good effects.. I own a Kemper rack and Axe II, but just ordered a Gt -1000, because of it's size, perfect for fly gigs, obvioulsy the amp sounds won't beat the Kemper, but get the job done .. Like me I'm sure many need the same.. Fractal can't built enough AX8's to meet the demand.. Helix's are doing really well I'm sure, see them on stages everywhere, think a Kemper floor unit would do really well for gigs.

The video is utterly useless, as is this thread.

I don't think so, obviously anyone can make one or the other sound better, and it's very hard to compare unless it's the same IR's etc, but videos like this can have some use, in fact I'm right now at a recording studio working with a guy who thinks all digital gear sucks, and I played him this video listening to very good studio speakers, and he was pretty surprised, and even asked me how much these units cost.. :) he's been all 100% tube amps or nothing, I've mentioned Fractal and Kemper a bunch of times to him in the past and didn't see any interest from him..till now and the funny thing is, just based on this video, he didn't choose the same one I did,.. ;)
    I owned both Axe 2 and KPA at same time for about 6 months, so I'm very familiar with the Fractal and KPA sound.

We used one for a while at rehearsal only, with an Axe-FX, never tried it with the Kemper, but didn't like it, sounded ok, but not worth the price in my opinion, not sure if will sound any better with a Kemper then it did with the Axe, it did sound pretty good with vocals tough ..We replaced it with a pair of JBL PRX615 2 way 1000w, speakers which sounded way better/fuller.

Funny you mention this cuz I was actually thinking about checking out Boss's GT-1, smaller footprint, only for late bedroom practice :D

I had one for a while, pretty nice for the $$$, great for a backup for gigs as well, presets as usual suck , but with a little time it can sound decent, I'm waiting to check out the GT 1000, but loosing hope, so far all demos I heard weren't too impressive( amp sounds) effects I'm sure sound pretty nice, Boss does nice effects, I ended up with a Kemper rack on a trade, and like it, but looking for a decent floor unit... hopefully Kemper will build one, sometime in the future..

How about something that would fit inside a strat? That would be able to load 10 - 15 of your favorite profiles ?
    You'd still need your Kemper to prepare the sounds etc, and transfer them to the guitar; this would be just a playback profiler inside your guitar..
    We'll see stuff like this in the future I'm sure.. Maybe not from Kemper, but it will happen.

I was hoping for a Kemper floor unit this NAMM, obvioulsy it didn't happen , still hoping they'll come out with something like that soon, wasn't looking for a Kemper rack but ended up with one recently ( owned a KPA before when they first came out) I'm happy with it, had looked at all the other available floor units, but wasn't too impressed, as my needs are really good amp tones and very basic effects, having saíd that a Kemper II loaded with maybe synth and whatever crazy affects, would be welcome and I'd buy it, as long as it's a floor unit.. :)

I am checking out your findings here....for me, based on the guitar/pick ups/cable - I do get that "noise" coming after a note, but it is definitely a hum/noise from the chain -- not the Kemper. Same thing happens when using a tube amp. But I am interesting in the "definition" parameter.

FWIW - when I use a guitar with noiseless pickups (Joe Barden), a high quality cable (George L), I get no noise whatsoever after hit a high note and holding it. Guitar tone is complex beast! :)

I just posted this at the TGP, some nice guys who also post there(thanks Audioholic) were helping me figure out this issue:

< I finally decided to do some of Armin's procedures to try to get the KPA in shape, it seemed to help, also after deleting all profiles and starting new, upgraded to latest firmware, it's sounding better now.
    A friend who lives in CT came down with his KPA, did a side by side comparison and now they both sound the same, I still hear a problem with the Definition in the high settings but much less then before and both units sound the same. When I start hearing something i don't like, I have a very hard time letting go, my friend is perfectly happy with his unit and never noticed it till i pointed it out, now he hears it but doesn't bother him.. ?(
    I did some more profiling and one thing I noticed is that the KPA for some reason always ended up with more gain that the Real amp, and the definition seems very high, so bringing the Definition down, and cutting some gain made the profiles more like the Real amp sound, while reducing the ghost noise effects that annoy me.
    Anyways I've decided that instead of being a pest in the forums bitching about stuff no one else cares about, i should just part with the KPA, and let everyone else enjoy it.. :)
    I'll most likely return when the "New and Improved Kpa Mk II" is available.. :)
    Thanks guys for helping me try to figure out this issue. >

I've been deleting lot's of rigs to try to bring it to less than 1000, using the normal procedure one rig at a time, yesterday the count was showing me 1300 when I turned the Kpa off, today I start again and the count is at 1700 !! and i see some rigs I'm sure I had deleted.. as I'm deleting now I see the count lower 1 at a time, hope I don't have to keep deleting the same rigs multiple times, at this rate i'll never get there.. anyone else notice this behavior?
    Either the #'s displayed on the screen are not accurate, or some rigs are not being deleted, even though it's confirming and looking like it did, I have it set to "All rigs" and "Sorted by Author" so the #'s should be accurate every time I turn it on no? Am i missing something?

Another thing that's happening a lot is i switch the rig, it shows the new rig name on the screen, but the sound stays the same, sometimes it changes to the new rig displayed (as it should), other times it doesn't, no matter if i switch via the footswitch or the browser Knob, this is with the "Autoload" of course engaged. I give up !!