Posts by Paulys Guitars Gear

Thanks to all who replied to my previous post - i now have the kemper player.

For anyone who wonders how to run pedals AFTER the kemper player here is how mine is rigged and working very nicely.

Guitar>Cali Comp>Protein>Boost>HX1>KEMPER>BossDM1>Whitewhale>DI Box > interface/poweramp

This has required the use of a DI box, unavoidable if you want delay and reverb pedals after the kemper and not use kempers own in FX slots. Also i experimented with going into a power amp in on the katana (leaving cabs ON) and i got very impressive results. Ive downloaded a few packs from Mbrit and Tonejunkie so now the experimenting begins.

A few early questions i have though:
    1 - I noticed the kemper player vents are on the bottom only, which is covered over when you put the pedal on the board(my board isnt rail format) Will this cause an overheating probelm potentially?

2- Quite a few of the profiles ive gone through so far sound good, but they are very direct sounding, almost abit harsh - is there any settings or tips for distancing the sound a little, or is it a case of finding profiles that are mic'd abit further away/room mixed in

Thankss!

Not exactly : modulations Fxs on modelers (or DAW) are placed (to the maximum) at the end of the chain ; meaning after the amp and speaker block.

Fx loop on an actual amp places the same FXs between pre-amp and amp.

There are few modelers that allow to have the same configuration cause few purpose separately pre-amp AND amp model in different blocks....

Yes i just mean they would behave the same as in, Not get all distorted and jumbled the way they can upfront.

Still waiting on the shipment landing but to sum up my questions is this right:

1) Would i therefore just place them directly after the player and they behave as if in an effects loop? YES
    2) The kemper L&R outputs are balanced and stereo so is it okay to come out of just the L and into a mono unbalanced input of the next pedal? TS MONO IS FINE BUT NEED TO SET TO MONO IN SETTINGS

3) I would then need a D.I box at the end of the chain to send the completed rig tones to FOH/Recorder? IF YOU WANT PEDALS AFTER THE KEMPER THEN A DI BOX IS REQUIRED AT THE END OF CHAIN

If you need to include the delay then a DI box might be useful to convert to an XLR output.

TBH I would try it with the delay in the front first. also not sure why people stick with pedals, the KPA will do 90% of what a pedal can do with a thousand times more additional options....

For me its because when youve been through so many pedals/multi FX etc - when you find one you really like i would prefer to intergrate it then have to move away from it - regardless of the benefits that are obvious :)

Hi folks the next shipment of kemper players is due in this week - i intend to order one but i have some questions i haven't found straight forward answers too yet, so im hoping for some help here :)

I understand the player has FX slots in after the amp and cab but im quite committed to sticking with my whitewhale and analog delay.

1) Would i therefore just place them directly after the player and they behave as if in an effects loop?
    2) The kemper L&R outputs are balanced and stereo so is it okay to come out of just the L and into a mono unbalanced input of the next pedal?

3) I would then need a D.I box at the end of the chain to send the completed rig tones to FOH/Recorder?

Once i understand this with no doubts ill look forward to getting one. Thanks