Posts by jaeger 28

Oddly enough, one of my favorite cabs to use is one of a Redbox. I'm pretty sure its from a Tubemeister Profile.

I didn't realize it was a cab sim....of a cab sim, until after I'd come to like it. Kind of a 2x12 V30 sound, but with more bottom end and not quite as much 'honk'.

Well I sometimes switch the filter on the HK to on, but quickly realise it's a different league than a good Cab simulation. That said, with a good room to give it some space, it might not be too bad. But the idea to make an IR of it seems kinda odd to me.

I don’t know whether it will address your exact issue, but there’s a maker of profiles called Top Jimi (I have no connection) who posted some possible explanations for this in a faq:

https://topjimi.com/blogs/jims-kem…d-like-the-demo

Jimi forgot to mention the most important aspect: your playing. Like Ed playing a Fender Combo backstage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On Delay it makes a huge difference:
    -If you use it Mono or Stereo
    -How Wet it is
    -If it's before or after Dirt/Amp
    -If it's a dirty amp or a clean amp and if dirty, how dirty
    -The pickups (singles, HB, bright, mellow...)
    -How you play (palm muting, dynamics, ...)

I guess I bought about 27899 delay pedals from demos and was disappointed after - at least buying rigs is a bit cheaper :P

Here's the Z Reck - it really is very EL84 in a good way!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I use Loudness Meter in Logic to level my tones. It's the only thing that gives me instantly good balance between clean and dirt, effect laden and dry. Just level it all to the same loudness. Not sure what it does, but works way better than usual level meters.

oh and I forgot, the Kemper has a balanced XLR Out, so if it#s a 50/50 thing, I would prefer the Kemper at the end of the signal chain, to have the more stable connection to the PA.

If you used the M5 rather in the loop of your amp, you go guitar -> Player -> M5. If you used your M5 before your amp you go Guitar -> M5 -> Player.

Given that the Player supplies many great effects, I would focus on the one or two from the M5 that you really love an then decide. If that is more time based stuff and stereo is an issue, put it after the Kemper, otherwise before.

Yes it would be useful to be able to go back to a previous rig within a performance and select either the last saved or last used stomp on/off arrangement. I think the problem is how you would make that selection in a practical and reliable way. The best I can come up with is to click 3 times in 2 secs to select last used state. 1 click = unmorphed last saved state (as present). 2 clicks = morphed last saved state (as present). 3 clicks = unmorphed last used state.

I was more thinking about a global setting or a setting on performance level. Either switch saved rigs or switch to temporary rigs (like when Rig Manager connected)

Hi,

the way I like to use the Stage is in performance mode with a few rigs for the entire gig. If I have a song that requires for example chorus on the clean sound, I wanna go to that rig and activate chorus and keep it activated on that rig as long as I stay within that performance. I'd need an option to "keep all temporary" changes within a Performance, unless I a) revert the change to the saved state or b) change performances or reload the one I have active.

Reason is that I like to have just 5 rigs for the entire gig that I keep tweaking and optimising, but without having to save the performance everytime I make a temporary change to it, but not lose the temporary change within the gig. Having a Performance per song is not efficient for me, as there are too many rigs to keep an eye out for in terms of level, gain, etc.

So basically I'd like an option to get the behaviour of performance mode when Rig Manager is connected, but without having to take a laptop to the gig for just that.