Posts by DuhNatural

The XLR is more left, at the height of the Kemper logo. That is a normal 1/4 plug in the Monitor out

Oof yeah you're absolutely correct. Scale and the angle and brushed metal made me think XLR. I need more coffee.

I think I found the thread that made me confused. It's the one where the user claimed XLR was better than monitor out for the cab and the responses were that other than the -12 DB padding and added space, there shouldn't be a difference in overall quality between the outputs. I was also fiddling tremendously with several interfaces before just saying screw it and getting an apollo, I have tried basically every possible config this thing can pop into protools at this point but the concept of a speaker-specific DSP setup is still not on my radar honestly.

hahaha didnt touch anything, went to make a cup of coffee, came back and it alive! :) WTF was that all about... I wonder if this thing needs time to warm up :D

They are poorly made internally. Not many are out in the wild but if you look folks are getting their speakers replaced more than is normal for literally a speaker in it's own very heavy and large case (cab).

Mine was just broken, sounded like there was a fuzz pedal on the entire time. I buy dozens of speakers and monitors a year, I have two headrush FRFR speakers, one I dropped into the orchestra pit at a show twice in one night.

I'm returning all of my Kemper products. The player is limited in many ways and designed to sell you back features in an environment where the best stuff is paywalled (something that always comes up in shootouts), you literally can't use it with headphones alone, only two pre effects slots when there is no hardware reason for that to be the case. I bet a subscription service is planned where you unlock the big brothers' effect slots and get access to premium tones, if they aren't doing that then I have no idea why they would purposefully make the player limited.

I remember this random quote from a forum "If your speakers are affected by the [shipping] trip and fall, I do not think any one in the world would have functioning speakers."

What's your youtube channel link?

I work for a youtuber, I do not have a youtube channel myself. I have never done my own content creation, I owned a Streaming talent management agency based in Chicago that I sold to the ownership group of the current largest talent management agency. I started consulting and I now I work with two music related channels, but almost all of time time and travels are for one.

I can tell you he/she has posted here before and people seemed to know them, but this was years ago. I don't think most people would consider either of them guitar youtubers at this point.

Well after an absolutely awful discussion with a very defensive man I've decided to return all of the kemper products.

I've been documenting this process as an employee of a very large general music youtube channel and frankly it's been a horrific and frustrating experience from the false advertising of the player and it's extremely limited and paywalled effect slots, and the atrocious customer service.

I'm glad some of you 40+ guys have a good report with them but I am shouting from the rooftops to avoid this company. In the future.

Also the app has decided it doesn't want to connect to my player this morning on both my brand new ipad pro or my iphone 15 pro max so as I've been trying different outlets I have to bring it back to my PC to make 100% sure no settings were changed.

Results are still the same regardless of the outlet. Same if plugged in via USB directly to my tower. It sounds like a ripped speaker fuzz effect but it's almost too perfect.

Does the Kabinet buzz all by itself with the volume up and nothing plugged in?

Try a different audio source into the Kabinet and see if it still buzzes. That would eliminate the Kemper and suggest that the Kabinet the culprit.

Try changing the ground loop setting on the Kemper for the output you are using.

Player doesn’t buzz without input volume. No buzz or or hum at all. I’ve also used the monitor output on my PLAYER for a while now with my monitors with great success.

After having many issues getting my Kabinet shipped it arrived today and at any listenable volume there is a pretty distinct buzz that doesn't happen when I connect directly to a powered studio monitor. I've used several of the stock profiles, the JHS paid pack, and several liquid profiles and it persists.

Cable is a brand new Klotz, tried with every intrument cable I own.

Tried multiple outlets.

Running both the Full range and cab sim with the recommended default settings for the Kab:

The above are the default settings in the app that I most recently tried, I've also tried master mono and both outputs in stereo.

When I take the cable out and plug it into powered monitors the buzz isn't there.

you missed the Kone button chapter on page 19 of the Quickstart section of the reference manual.

KONE Button (13)

Hold button to enable KEMPER Kone Mode to use one or two KEMPER Power KabinetsTM for monitoring. KEMPER Power Kabinets must be connected to the Monitor Output via instrument cables.

Indeed I did, I've been primarily using at as an audio interface as my kab just arrived so most of my experience was using the software. Now I need to figure out why there is a buzzing when I use monitor out to my brand new powered kab, but not when I play through my studio monitors. The joys of figuring out new gear :D

the Kone processing is only available for the monitor outputs. Please follow the guidelines in the manual for the best possible results.

I actually read this thing cover to cover and missed the line there.

In the app I would have assumed that if the Kone was monitor only, it would be in the monitor section of the output, I think that would potentially help. As it stands kone setting being at the bottom just made my mind jump immediately to it being an on/off thing for the outputs.

Got my kabinet in today and I was wondering if there was any reason not to use the main out for general home use. The instructions that come with the Kab say to use monitor outputs and I’m wondering if that is general wisdom that should be carried over to the profiler player? Or is it fine and I can just stick with the xlr out?

It’s not that important, I’m just curious about the device and the advice of people here who I know have made their profilers work in all sorts of unique ways.

Most of my guitar life I've been on the acoustic singer/songwriter side of things, and recently the kemper has been great for letting me get back into the electric space without having to stress over amp and I'm starting to see an insane amount of potential with this for getting truly excellent live tones on the acoustic and electric side of things using loops and some of the other effects as well as some of the unique features the acoustasonic provides.

I was wondering if anyone has used it for this purpose and if they have any advice. I really enjoy playing smaller venues and it's always been a pain to get the sound I want from my nicer acoustics and the acoustasonic solves that unique problem for me!

I know there are all sorts of tips and tricks people use when looking for acoustic tones, as well as loopers and other stuff, and I'm really just looking to see if anyone has experience or advice.

You should tick the -12db option on the output menu when using an interface that has automatic mic pres. in fact for the Focusrite I would use XLR to 1/4” AND -12db to avoid overloading the inputs. The Kemper outs are pretty hot. Having said that, I used to use my Kemper Head into a Focusrite Saffire Pro interface and the analog signal was indistinguishable from the SPDIF signal. I now use a MOTU iltralite and both the XLR > XLR and XLR > 1/4” sound just as good as SPDIF. I have used the USB audio on both the Player and Head and they work well (although the latency is a bit worse than via the MOTU. However, for convenience I prefer to stick with using my MOTU for everything so the USB audio isn’t a big deal either way.

I did grab an XLR -> 1/4" today and I was able to run that into the scarlett and compare against the heaphone output. In order to get the same tone out of my monitors I had to disable the pad, but I already knew where my gain was so that helped avoid potentially blowing something out. The pre definitely seems disabled when not using XLR and that should be the behavior.

I think I'm just going to try out a motu m4 next and maybe upgrade my mackie big knob so i can always have an output to my speakers. For the moment I have everything good enough and it's been a good time playing.

I think even as just a replacement for a tube amp/pedal platform this is going to be the best purchase I've made.