Posts by KeysAndGuitars

tsachou that makes sense. 12v 1A is too little. Most like 12v 1.7A would work.

As my large Thomann order (I’m building another rack for my home studio, 68 parts of which arrived from Germany) I can now report that this unit reliably powers the Profiler Player:

Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-Adapter 12
    Replacement Mains Adapter For Harley Benton PowerPlant ISO-12 Pro & I, Input: AC 100-240 V 50/60 Hz, Output DC: 12 Volt / 3 Ampere, Output connection: 5.5 /…
    www.thomannmusic.com

Allenhuish I’ve never heard of a single device that does that.

Audio interfaces and mixers with audio interface capability typically have 3 types of input:

- Mic level/line level XLR/1/4” (6.35mm) TRS combo jacks

- HiZ instrument level 1/4” (6.35mm) jacks

- Mic level-only XLR

All of these are designed to work with specific impedance and signal levels. Your 4-16 ohm and speaker level amplifier signal is way out of the range those inputs are built for, and could very well burn the circuitry at the front of the signal path. This is why load boxes exist - they work at speaker levels of impedance (low) and signal (high), and transform that to line-level voltage and impedance, which is where most recording gear lives.

Yes, it is possible to configure the KP1 as a volume pedal when the wah effect is inactive.

Page 70 of the Player manual:

Connecting an Expression Pedal

The PROFILER Player features an input for the direct connection of an expression pedal. This can be configured in System Settings available in Rig Manager.

The Pedal Input is already preassigned as a combined Wah, and Volume Pedal. This is achieved by assigning the Wah Pedal function and activating “WahPedal >Volume”.

If you stick to these default assignments, you just need to plug in the TRS-cable – firstly into the pedal, then into the Player. Afterwards, you should perform a full sweep of the pedal to perform an automatic calibration.

The two functions “Wah Pedal” and “Volume Pedal” are mutually exclusive. As soon as a Wah effect is active, the

Wah Pedal controls this effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no Wah effect in the current Rig, or if the Wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal defaults to controlling volume.

It does, I had the DC7 under it before

You can think of the DC7 and SOL as "electrically the same" but 7 or 5 outputs that behave identical. The DC7 then also has a USB out for charging and their "aux port" which allows you to connect the crux to it.

As long as you have 3 of the CIOKS 8800 parallel cables it should be fine.

You need 4 of the ports, regardless of whether you’re using a DC7 or a SOL.

Ruefus you are so right!

I own both a Tonex and a Kemper Profiler Player.

I loaded the Tonex with Amalgam captures, and it does sound good. I loaded Amalgam captures on the KPP, and to my ears, it sounds even better. I’ve moved on to Rigbusters Liquid Profiles of the same amp models and it sounds yet better again.

Accuracy (matching the exact sound of an amp) is irrelevant in most situations. As a player who owns the original amp, you may notice the difference. No one else will! On the other hand, accurate recreation of the amp’s gain and tone stack controls makes a big difference to the player and the listeners (Liquid Profiling).

The Kemper feels like a piece of pro gear, where the Tonex doesn’t. Is that inherently a problem? No, but I prefer the pro build quality of the Kemper.

The amp tone capture technology is important, but it’s just part of a bigger picture. What matters the most is that the Kemper has been tuned and polished by one of the best pairs of ears in the business, Cristoph Kemper. CK and his team understand the needs of players on a level almost no one else does. Kemper proved that first with the legendary Access Virus synthesizer and then with the Profiler. Both are unmatched “solutions” for musicians playing live and in the studio, or for just plain old fun.

But as they say, horses for courses (to each his own).

I did a bit of research on the Access Virus site, which may be highly relevant because it’s also a Kemper line. I also own a Virus TI2 and need to arrange the USB network in a rack I’m building.

It seems the key is that a hub follows the USB 2.0 “MTT” standard. Unfortunately, it is difficult to know if a given hub or switch meets the MTT spec or is only STT compatible.

If anyone is curious (can’t imagine many will be), here’s some info:

What are Multiple TT (MTT) USB Hubs?
    Details on what are MTT Hubs, how they are different from Single TT (STT) Hubs and why it is crucial to use MTT with your AtomMiner equipment.
    kb.atomminer.com

On Mac and Windows, check your hub as follows:

On MacOS, it is possible to install lsusb command line tool which was back-ported to MacOS long time ago via macports or homebrew install systems: sudo port install usbutils. Once installed, the steps are:

The hub type can be checked with lsusb command. TT information is provided in bDeviceProtocol field of the device descriptor of the hub in the question. Alternatively, one can run lsusb -v | grep TT or lsusb -v | grep bDeviceProtocol for the list of the bDeviceProtocol fields for all connected devices.

On Windows, you can check if your hub has this feature using the Windows Device Manager. Look for the words "Hub has multiple TTs" in the Advanced tab:

This has been the subject of endless discussions here and in a number of other forums.

To my knowledge, Kemper has not announced a date or clarified whether more effects will be an “upgrade” and cost money.

They are clearly working on an update as the manual references Kemper OS 11 and the Player is on 10.x.

Thanks both of you for your answers.

I've decided to use "bypass@stop".

Too bad that in this mode the wah->vol function is not available 😂.

If Wah is inactive, Pedal Link doesn’t work?

From page 127 of the Player manual:

 Pedal Link

This allows you to use an expression pedal for multiple purposes. The setting applies to an expression pedal connected to the pedal Input as well as to MIDI.

“WahPedal >Volume” links the Volume Pedal function to the Wah Pedal.

For detailed explanation please refer to chapter Expression Pedals and Foot Switches.

From page 70 of the manual:

Connecting an Expression Pedal

The PROFILER Player features an input for the direct connection of an expression pedal. This can be configured in System Settings available in Rig Manager.

The Pedal Input is already preassigned as a combined Wah, and Volume Pedal. This is achieved by assigning the Wah Pedal function and activating “WahPedal >Volume”.

If you stick to these default assignments, you just need to plug in the TRS-cable – firstly into the pedal, then into the Player. Afterwards, you should perform a full sweep of the pedal to perform an automatic calibration.

The two functions “Wah Pedal” and “Volume Pedal” are mutually exclusive. As soon as a Wah effect is active, the

Wah Pedal controls this effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no Wah effect in the current Rig, or if the Wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal defaults to controlling volume.