Posts by Edward Dixon

I made another profile today and and learned a couple of things.

Before I started I changed a setting in Windows, I had set the theme to High Contrast Black and turned that off and that fixed the typing issue. Rig Manager is not able to handle that theme, (some programs can and some can't).

After that I re-profiled the same amp I did yesterday but this time RM was not running and I did it all from the Rack unit. Everything went fine and the Kemper picked up my name as the Amp Author. So, I would say the profiling assistant in RM has a problem reading that info from the Rack unit.

To clarify, I am using RM 3.5.27 and Kemper OS 10.2.3.53270 on a Windows 10 system w/ all recent updates.

I have a Rack and used to have a Stage, I've been using Kempers for about 2 years. i have edited the Owner name on both units long ago. I guess I just have to assume RM is still a work in progress.

I've made some good profiles of my amps (6 so far) but I wouldn't share them on Rig Exchange only because the tag info is incorrect. I may try to do a profile again tomorrow and see if I can input the correct data directly on the Rack unit.

There is a significant difference between the Rick Author and the Profile Author. The Rick Author can be changed later, the Profile Author cannot. This is set automatically by the data in the system settings when creating a profile, see system settings page 298 in the manual. This is for copyright reasons, otherwise anyone could buy profiles, rename the author and resell it as their own.

By "Rick Author" I will assume you mean Rig Author. Page 298 of which manual? There are many, I have the English manuals from ver 8 something to the newest ver 11 and still can't see any relevant info on page 298.

I just profiled this amp, how is that RM assumes that the Amp Author could possibly be anyone else?

I'm still frustrated by the fact that the text disappears while editing until the return key is pressed.

What's up with Rig Manager and editing tags? I can't edit the Author tag on a new profile and the tags that can be edited can't be seen while typing the new text. This is, IN MY OPINION, really lame.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've only profiled 5 of my amps and never had this problem except on my first profile where I did not edit the name first and saved a profile with the same name as the profile I had loaded but I could tell the difference between the new and old profiles profiles by the date. I ended up with 2 profiles with the same name but different dates. The original profile was never overwritten. I'm not sure from what you have written what it is you are doing. Maybe you could video your process and we might see where the error, if any, is.

From the link in the OP

"TONEX ONE puts IK’s revolutionary AI Machine Modeling technology on any size pedalboard, enabling you to perform with the world’s most sought-after tones in more ways than ever before. It truly makes unlimited tone accessible to all.

Ultra-compact and powerful, TONEX ONE stores up to 20 hyper-realistic modeled amps, cabs and stomps from a nearly infinite supply, so you can add it anywhere in your rig. You can even load models of your own gear captured with the included TONEX software. Effortlessly fit multiple units on your board for truly limitless tone possibilities. "

I'm sure if could profile they would have said so ...

What version of Rig Manager is offered in the update notification window. You can see from the attached screenshot that I have V3.5.15 installed; the notification indicates only 3.5.

I don't own a Kemper Player and do not need support for one. What other reason might there be to update RM for the Rack Unit?

. I have searched everywhere with no luck. I have seen plenty with the problem but no fixes.

It may have worked well with your old laptop but just can't handle Windows 11 (yet).

Yes the Kemper can be used as a USB audio interface. The Head and Rack are 2in/2out, the Stage model is 4in/4out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have you tried using the Kemper USB instead of the Zoom? I have used a few Zoom products and find them very unreliable, none have lasted more than a year. I would try the Kemper USB and if that fixes your problem and you would rather use an interface, replace the zoom with something else. Please don't take this the wrong way but the Zoom is cheap for a reason.