Looking for Santana's Mesa Boogie Europa Sustain & Sound

• Looking to duplicate Carlos Santana's distorted Mesa Boogie long sustain sound. I realize that in stage, he moved into a sweet spot to take advantage of harmonic feedback, but none the less, I would like to get as close as possible.

Suggestions and rigs settings?

Thanks

• Sustain is major time on guitar... new strings, a lot of gain on the amp... In kemper is quite dificult, but try to put a generously gained DISTORTION on Stomps, followed by a compressor... you can arise some kind of artifical sustain. Hope it will help you, mate.

:evil::evil::evil:

• Thanks for the suggestions. Compressor helped a lot. Will keep working on it.
    Thanks

Also, turn your gate down. It can cut off notes early if its turned up too high. Not sure what guitar you are using ? Some guitars are better than others for sustain. Volume can play a part as well from what I understand. Of course, if you are playing thru headphones, don't turn volume up :D

As mentioned , distortion, boosters , compressors, etc will help. Always good to start with an amp profile that has a strong gain / sustain quality . Just have to experiment. Also, don't forget to play with your delay settings , that can add to the end notes sounding longer ;)

I get some really nice sustain using my PRS SE 245 guitar and various amp profiles. I am going thru powered monitors

Let us know what works for you

• Also, turn your gate down. It can cut off notes early if its turned up too high. Not sure what guitar you are using ? Some guitars are better than others for sustain. Volume can play a part as well from what I understand. Of course, if you are playing thru headphones, don't turn volume up :D

As mentioned , distortion, boosters , compressors, etc will help. Always good to start with an amp profile that has a strong gain / sustain quality . Just have to experiment. Also, don't forget to play with your delay settings , that can add to the end notes sounding longer ;)

I get some really nice sustain using my PRS SE 245 guitar and various amp profiles. I am going thru powered monitors

Let us know what works for you

Jerry RP,

Thanks so much for your suggestions as well. I play an Anderson Drop Top Classic S which, IMO has a nice amount of sustain.
    Have to run out visiting the family today as it is Father's Day here, but tonight, the tones will begin to fly! :D