Renaming problem solved. Now i need to delete 250 rigs

• I really want to clean up my kemper. it is so tedious to search for the profiles.
    sorting with profiler-names, sorting with date etcetera ...
    and i am only on 250. i do not want to imagine how you find your rigs when you have 999?!! :|
    i am waiting for the uno chip before i buy the behringer 1010, so i want to rename
    all profiles (tyler solved this), but before i upload them i will have to delete all of my
    profiles. AFAIK i have to press 250 times

delete>are you sure about this?>yes!

do i understand this correctly?

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• You can delete all of your profiles that are NOT in your favourites at once (System page 8/9, Erase Non-Favourites)
    Should be faster

• you are so very cool, ara. this is exactly which eases the procedure and saves me a lot of time.

For all the RTFM posters :D i have found this gem in the manual on page 65 of the manual concerning renaming profiles on the pc

Don’t modify file names! Renaming of rigs or local presets needs to be done on the KPA. {KPA manual, page 65}

Thanks to tyler there is workaround by using the private function of the rig exchange. this only btw

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• I believe you can open the back up file on your PC and delete what you want then when you install the back up it will only install the rigs you left in the back up....

Somewhere in this forum I read the name of the utility you need to edit the compressed backup file...and/or you change the extension suffix to enable opening it then change it back and save....sorry, memory weak today.

• I believe you can open the back up file on your PC and delete what you want then when you install the back up it will only install the rigs you left in the back up....

Somewhere in this forum I read the name of the utility you need to edit the compressed backup file...and/or you change the extension suffix to enable opening it then change it back and save....sorry, memory weak today.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55111784/Mor…20of%20rigs.pdf

• You can download 7zip, it decompress TAR files, the format that Kemper Backups have. In the manual is detailed the process of taking a backup, change your things, and repack and load the backup....but it seems a litlle DIY at home hahaha well... I'm working on a library manager.. but is hard to do reverse engineering to all this stuff.. they are a bit dark about all of this.

• Guitartone: the manual is precise. do not touch the profile names outside the KPA!
    deleting (once unzipped your backups) rigs is possible and then "zipping" the archive again, but no renaming of profiles! (page somewhere 65)

this is not true, there are two workarounds now: one is the editor by kerman, the other is
    uploading them to the rig exchange, editing, renaming etcetera and re-downloading.
    i am sure you knew this anyway, didn't you. sorry when confusing you. english is not my native tongue.
    here is my essence of the latest tipps and tricks discussion.