Studio set up !

• Hi, I'd just like to know how you set up your connections in your studio !

Did you plug the Kemper right into the line input of your soundcard or you insert a preamp between your kemper and your soundcard ?

thanks for your answers !

• Not sure why you would want to use a preamp between the Kemper and your soundcard but hey if it works for you...

I have a rather complicated setup... I send the master outs to a patchbay and then either on to the direct ins of my sound card or... into a looper. I could put the looper in the effect sends, but then I wouldn't get the last two effect slots in my looper (Delay & Reverb)

I've also got all my outboard effects plugged into the patch bay so I can more easily swap things in and out. The only problem being the first external FX needs to be sent a mono signal... (there is a way to send a stereo signal via Monitor out & Direct out but I can't currently balance the levels)

So... it's a bit of a palava and there are more elegant solutions I'm sure. I sometimes get gremlins... once I swapped a patch cable over and the the microwave door opened... As Sam14 pointed out, there are heaps of different ways to do things. So people even do things sensibly... ;)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Thanks for your replies

On my own, i'm using it with spdif into the eleven rack.

The reason of my question is that the re seller told me to use a mixer before the sound card .

Other thing, I tried to record an acoustic guitar threw the kemper with different acoustic profiles..

The result was awful and not enough level.

A friend records acoustic guitar with a SPL channel one preamp and it really sounds great compare to me .

• Other thing, I tried to record an acoustic guitar threw the kemper with different acoustic profiles..
    The result was awful and not enough level.

Have you played around with the clean sense levels? Doesn't sound right that you'd have to use a mixer to boost levels in this way. Still, if it sounds good it sounds good...

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs