KPA roadmap

• Allot of people are asking new features and basically want to know what is comming to this awesome piece of hardware.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a road map of future features that are planned and estimated due date.

We are a bit in the dark now and i for one would like to know what is still coming (librarian, new stomps,etc).

• As a former Line 6 HD500 owner, let me give you an example of why this is a bad idea. Line 6 owners complained a great deal about not knowing what features were coming and when. Line 6 finally decided to attach a date to a future firmware...then they missed the date. The sentiment of owners went from excited expectation of their new update to frustration and anger that they couldn't have their update. Post after post on the Line 6 forums by individuals for which this was some kind of sin against them. They've gone back to keeping the consumers in the dark.

My suggestion is to treat the Kemper as if it will never have another update. That way when/if things do come you will be happy. But praying/hoping for a feature to be added often results in disappointment as the feature may not be implemented as hoped or never added at all. This is the "downside" of buying a product which has continual development (Kemper, Fractal, Line 6) versus companies who opt to release a "finished" product (Digitech, Boss).

• As a former Line 6 HD500 owner, let me give you an example of why this is a bad idea. Line 6 owners complained a great deal about not knowing what features were coming and when. Line 6 finally decided to attach a date to a future firmware...then they missed the date. The sentiment of owners went from excited expectation of their new update to frustration and anger that they couldn't have their update. Post after post on the Line 6 forums by individuals for which this was some kind of sin against them. They've gone back to keeping the consumers in the dark.

Yep.
    I remember when people were really upset about the FW1.4 (right?), never coming out.

• I prefer the surprise. Why share your secrets before they are due just so someone else can copy them.

Makes sense. We know they are working on things. We have had a few hints.
    We all know what we want:
    -computer based editor
    -footboard
    -power amp (is already there with Campifier if you want it now!)

Lets leave it at that, no?

:thumbup:

It is fun to guess though.....

I'm willing to be that they will release a computer based editor sometime before the new year
    The footboard will probably be at Namm.

and of course what most of us have been wanting....the Performance Mode!!!

Here's to hoping!!!

Edited once, last by PBGas (December 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM).

• I actually think if we had no more upgrades or anything, we would still have one of the best pieces of equipment of all time...
    I Hope the Kemper doesn't turn into just another toy... I honestly believe we have enough good stuff for a lifetime...

steve :thumbup:

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• I've given up wanting to know _ i'll just take what they ship it - It always works for me and enhances a great product. Clearly performance mode must be a priority for them and I want and editor/librarian but I've moved on and just enjoying what we've got and making music which is after all that the point, Its just a great tool. And indeed a great community.
    :)
    Neil

• I actually think if we had no more upgrades or anything, we would still have one of the best pieces of equipment of all time...

Agree 100%.

Until an advanced race of aliens arrives on our planet and presents us with some kind of new futuristic tube amp, microphones and pre-amps, it can't get any better than what the Kemper gives us right now. :thumbup: