Kemper Power Rack at a Gig Today Sounded Like a Motorcycle.

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I am a bass player. I was using my Power Rack Profiler today at a gig with an SVT 8x10 cab. It was an outdoor gig and it was hot outside, although the stage as covered.

During soundcheck, everything sounded great. About a song into the set, it started making all kinds of static and then a loud fluttering sound like a motorcycle. I tried turning it down and it stopped for a few seconds then started back up. I thought maybe my wireless was messing up so I switched to a guitar cable. No difference.

I had no backup head and the gig was ruined for me. When I got home from the gig, I turned on the kemper without the cab and only headphones and it sounded fine.

Could it possibly be a bad speaker cable? I don't think it's a blown speaker because the noise was coming from all of the speakers.

Could it have overheated?

I can't plug it into the SVT cab at home to test it because it is loud as hell and the neighbors will call the cops.

I ordered a new speaker cable and will try it at this weekend's gig and will be bringing a backup head just in case.

Has anyone experienced a bad speaker cable? What would it sound like?

Thanks for your advice.

• rnrgeek October 6, 2024 at 5:30 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Kemper Power Rack at a Gig Today Sounded Like a Motorcyle.” to “Kemper Power Rack at a Gig Today Sounded Like a Motorcycle.”.
  • Every sorry to hear that. That sucks. Are you using beta versions? Or only stable releases? Do you have the opportunity to plug directly into the PA with a DI as a backup? No idea what caused it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM