Output filter not applying to USB out

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Head/Rack

I've been trying to figure out why my recordings aren't sounding the same as what I hear when direct monitoring, and I figured it out! The output filter, which is supposed to apply to all outputs, is not being applied to my USB out. When turning off the direct monitoring and using my DAW's monitoring, I can hear that changing the high and low filters in the output filter section does nothing. Is this a bug? How can I get this fixed? Thanks!

• The fix I've found, while a bit tedious, is to use the high and low cuts found in the cabinet section. This means I'll have to manually adjust for each rig. Maybe I'll slowly make a USB recording version of each rig and a live version so I'm always prepared.

• It is generally a wrong approach to filter out frequencies at the source instead of DAW side when recording/mixing. Frequencies that have been filtered out once cannot be reproduced later. In general, filters should always be used on the receiver/processing side, this also applies to the MAIN out to the FOH. I have therefore never understood that the OUTPUT filter applies to both the monitor out (this is where it would be appropriate) and the FOH output.

Our FOH and recording engineer always says: if something needs to be filtered out, then I decide on my mixing board.

Be the force with you ;)

• It is generally a wrong approach to filter out frequencies at the source instead of DAW side when recording/mixing. Frequencies that have been filtered out once cannot be reproduced later. In general, filters should always be used on the receiver/processing side, this also applies to the MAIN out to the FOH. I have therefore never understood that the OUTPUT filter applies to both the monitor out (this is where it would be appropriate) and the FOH output.

Our FOH and recording engineer always says: if something needs to be filtered out, then I decide on my mixing board.

I see, good to know! I haven't done much gigging and all my recording has been at home, so I've just done what's easiest and what sounds good. But I'm glad to know now for future endeavors!