Rig Manager on Linux

• Just a update for others who might be interested. Im using the app scrcpy and just mirror the screen from my android tablet to ubuntu and that works!
    So in this way you need a android tablet/phone but can work from the ubuntu machine desktop.

Not ideal but at least i can work from 1 screen with 1 mouse, and the android tablet serves as an extra cpu just for rigmanager usage.

Edited 3 times, last by questionaire (July 18, 2024 at 5:19 PM).

• Another update screen mirroring is totally crap working much too much latency. I found an old android samsung tablet and this one is connected via wifi over the player. I have positioned it as a secondary screen and thats it. working from an iphone is not the solution for me working from a tablet is another story. An iphone or an android phone is simply a too small display. An tablet gives you much more overview.

If you can afford buy a tablet it makes a lot of difference is my experience with rig manager.

Trying to mirror or trying to emulate rig manager on a linux system is totally a waste of time is my experience no success

Period.

Edited once, last by questionaire (July 20, 2024 at 9:07 PM).

• For what it's worth, I downloaded the Rig Manager app onto a virtual Android device running from Android Studio, but wasn't immediately able to get the device synchronised to my Kemper, and didn't proceed. I would guess that the virtual device is connected to a virtual network and therefore cannot see the Kemper.

• Here is one more i installed it on my Linux system and i was able to install MAC OS latest Version 14.5 maybe dis will help

GitHub - kholia/OSX-KVM: Run macOS on QEMU/KVM. With OpenCore + Monterey + Ventura + Sonoma support now! Only commercial (paid) support is available now to avoid spammy issues. No Mac system is required.
    Run macOS on QEMU/KVM. With OpenCore + Monterey + Ventura + Sonoma support now! Only commercial (paid) support is available now to avoid spammy issues. No Mac…
    github.com

Be the force with you ;)

• Here is one more i installed it on my Linux system and i was able to install MAC OS latest Version 14.5 maybe dis will help

https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM

Thanks Yoda but i will give up to get Rig Manager working on Linux. No matter what solution i tried it did consume too much resources which i would rather reserve for my DAW instead. Aswell all solutions did have a lag while rotate the knobs or the GUI stuttered. I'm happy now with an Android Tablet and Rig Manager and placed as second monitor beside my Labtop and it works fine. Meanwhile i hope Kemper will invest time to get Rig Manager to run natively on Linux.

• Meanwhile i hope Kemper will invest time to get Rig Manager to run natively on Linux.

I don't think so. Ever since Rig Manager was introduced, there has been the question of a Linux variant. There are probably legal reasons for this, or the development environment chosen by Kemper doesn't allow it. If Kemper were to open the communication protocol (USB and network), one could think about an open source project, but that will never happen. Maybe Toast ME by Damian Greda is worth a try. But I think he stopped development in 2019 due to lack of demand.

Be the force with you ;)