[HELP PLEASE] Setting up Spdif + black lion revolution 2×2 + logic pro 11

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Stage

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to connect my Kemper to Logic Pro using S/PDIF output and having some trouble. Here's my setup:

• Kemper Stage Profiler -> S/PDIF Out
    • Black Lion Revolution 2x2 -> S/PDIF In
    • Logic Pro (sample rate set to 48kHz)

I've got everything configured for a 48kHz sample rate on the Kemper and Logic Pro. My goal is to:

1. Hear my Kemper through my Headrush 212s.
    2. Record my Kemper in Logic Pro to export and sync with iPhone videos in Adobe Premiere Pro.
    3. Play Logic tracks and Spotify through the Headrush (if possible).

I can't see the spdif option in a logic pro to record the kemper spdif output. I can only see changing the input/output device as the revolution 2x2.

I've ordered another S/PDIF cable to connect the Black Lion output to the Kemper input for potential monitoring.

Any advice on setting this up would be greatly appreciated! I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Edited once, last by monkeymagic (July 3, 2024 at 12:19 AM).

• Hi monkeymagic , welcome to the forum!

Black Lion's audio interfaces are interesting stuff and a good step away from the mainstream. I like them and just ordered another 6x6 indeed for similar tasks you have there. Cubase user though.

Anyway, 2nd cable is good idea to make sure everything is in sync. Furthermore make sure that the Kemper is configured to be SPDIF Slave and takes the clocking from the BLA. Go to Kemper Output Menu, page with SPDIF on top buttons, "internal vs. auto" needs to be put on auto. You will see when it syncs with the interface properly (hope that fits for the Stage as well, Rack user here).

For the 2x2 I am not sure if you can use SPDIF and other inputs/outputs in parallel. It just has one switch to select either SPDIF or the others. Please consult the manual on this issue...