main outs much lower output than monitor

• I've received some studio monitors and they're connected by balanced outs. I have the powered Kemper and the Kabinet but the Kabinet has much more output than the monitors. Kemper's main volume is at 80% max 10 dots but the Kabinet monitor volume is only at 3 dots. Is there a way to even these volumes out? The volume dial on the studio monitors are also at 75% max.

• If I remember correctly both monitor and main can be controlled by the same knob but when that is enabled the difference between them is maintained. So, for example, while they are separate if you have monitor at 80% of total and main at 40% of total then they get linked to the same control knob you will have a difference of 50% between them no matter where you set the knob.

Not sure if this applies to your situation but it’s worth checking

• Start by setting both Main and Monitor output links to off (and Headphone if you wish), set both volumes to 0, then turn both links back on and the volume knob will now raise/lower both outputs equally. If you need one of them at a specific level all the time, set that level by unlinking the Master for that output and manually setting the level. Generally you'll want to set a static level for the main out to FOH and unlink that from the knob, then you can adjust the on-stage monitor level using the knob without the FOH engineer throwing stuff at you. Also don't forget about the pad on the main output.

Edited once, last by dfdfan (February 28, 2024 at 10:42 PM).