Stage Pedal Board Case build.

• I was transitioning from a pedal board+tube preamp/rack fx. After setting up the Kemper Stage, I still needed two pedals plus my vocal pedal, but I didn't need the big 26"/66cm pedal board case.
    I also wasn't sure what to do with the Kemper Stage for transport, so I initially bought a pelican style case for it, but wasn't happy because it's a useless case other than for transport.
    I really liked the Thomann cases, they looked really nice, but wasn't willing to order from Europe and pay the $200 just for the convenience.
    Instead, I looked for a smaller version of the case/briefcase that I could use for the remaining pedals, and decided to cannibalize my old Coffin Black Kross case to fit the Kemper. Nothing off the shelf in an aluminum briefcase would quite fit the Kemper. Everything I could find was about 1 inch short in width. And anything dedicated for guitarists was too wide and not deep enough.
    The Coffin Case Black Kross pedal case was 26x12(66x30.5) just right for the kemper if I shortened it.

I had to be careful to cut all the pieces correctly so I can re-use everything:

I re-riveted it all back together:

Then, to figure out how to permanently and safely mount the Kemper into the tray. I used a 1/2" plywood covered with 2mm EVA foam and some black felt for nice looks, and then used longer screws (keeping the rubber feet of the Kemper still in place, so there's air space under it) to mount it all the way through the base board:

Then after pressing the whole thing into the lid, I secured the wood to the case lid with 4 screws around the outside:

Finally, for the remaining pedals I needed to keep in my rig, I bought an off-the-shelf briefcase, removed the rear hinges and added 2 more latches, then re-used the pedal board ramp that used to be inside the Coffin case and fit it into the new briefcase:

A trick I learned a long time ago for attaching pedals is to use a Bicycle Chain, break it apart and use all the tiny links as screw mounts for the pedals:

This will be my final rig setup:

Two briefcases: