simulating a Fender trem with a expression pedal, set as a whammy

• I'm sorry about reading about your trigger finger surgery. Hopefully everything goes well for you. I read this about it:

trigger finger release is an outpatient procedure, with an injection of local anesthesia to numb the area for surgery. It can be performed with or without sedation (medication that puts you to sleep). Surgery is usually performed through either a small open incision in the palm or with the tip of a needle.

Your doctor will take out your stitches 1 to 2 weeks after surgery. It will probably take about 6 weeks for your finger to heal completely. After it heals, your finger may move easily without pain. How soon you can return to work depends on your job.

• Thanks BayouTexan, I could imagine too that this was not possible without a tremolo. Listen to what I mean. Am I asking a bit too much :)

(I'm sorry, this site doesn't allow me to attach a small mp3 or wave sound.)

But it's about the guitar dive solo opening in You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi).

Having played that solo a few times, I'm sure you can get away with the built in whammy, play around with how much you drop it ( I would guess around 3 or 4 semitones) and it should get you close enough...

• Hi V8, It's a puzzle to see the structure of it. I take Voice one and dial +4 in Voice 2. I find out that this one is sounding to low for the harmony so I go to the second oct. Also too low far a matching 2nd voice. And then it's sudden 17th 18th a,s,o, How do I get to the 3th oct. for using the +4th?

Or am I thinking and dial in a wrong way?

• Hi V8, It's a puzzle to see the structure of it. I take Voice one and dial +4 in Voice 2. I find out that this one is sounding to low for the harmony so I go to the second oct. Also too low far a matching 2nd voice. And then it's sudden 17th 18th a,s,o, How do I get to the 3th oct. for using the +4th?

Or am I thinking and dial in a wrong way?

it sounds like you have it set to harmonize rather than transpose? Otherwise you will have other voices coming through to confuse the sound....

A dive bomb is rarely to a specific pitch and in that song its like a slur into the solo so I don't think it needs to be precise.