Using Kemper for IR and Effects with Load boxes

• Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using a tube amp into a load box and using their kemper for IR's and effects?

I've been using the Kemper for years but miss using amps and it got me thinking if this is possible...

So if you had a tube head into something like the Suhr Reactive Load, could you feed it straight into the Kemper for IR use and use all the Kempers effects?

Not talking about profiling here, simply to use the tube amp as a live input.

Apologies if this has already been covered here - I've searched but not found anything!

Many thanks! :)

• Thanks for the reply.

Totally a 'horses for courses' situation - if the shoe fits etc.

It would be essentially just using the Kemper as an IR box and amazing multi effects unit but with the input of any tube amp.

I've seen a lot of youtube vids with load box vids but no one using the Kemper as a Cab Sim/IR Box.

• I don’t tkt I that’s a great tool for that

but you can try to put the amp and load in an effect loop to get the 4cable method.

Before the kemper I used a tube amp going through a torpedo live (for load and irs) and a multi effect.
    the head, torpedo and multi were all midi capable so I could change everything with one switch :).

That was great but too much to carry and above all too much time to configure everything.

• Thanks for the reply.

Totally a 'horses for courses' situation - if the shoe fits etc.

It would be essentially just using the Kemper as an IR box and amazing multi effects unit but with the input of any tube amp.

I've seen a lot of youtube vids with load box vids but no one using the Kemper as a Cab Sim/IR Box.

it’s because there are better tools for that.