Parallel Path for Guitarists - Tips and Questions

• Hi everyone.

The Parallel Path was designed for bassists, but this feature also offers something great for ambient guitarists. Enabling the Parallel Path and setting modulation effects in A and B with the effects set 100% Wet allows more control over making pad style effects. The Parallel Path allows drippy or atmospheric reverbs, crazy delays, etc., to sit much better under your main guitar tone, and this trick really helps if you like playing with gain, but want pristine ambient sounds. I would highly recommend that you try this out.

However, I am wanting to know if there is also a way to enable/disable the Parallel Path using the FX footswitches (I, II, III, IIII). When you disable a modulation/time-based effect in the Parallel Path, your guitar DI signal comes through. This isn't always so pleasant.

I understand that there are a few workarounds - Creating identical Rigs where one has the Parallel Path and the other doesn't, or using the Morph function to turn down the volume of an effects output in the Parallel Path - but does anyone know if you can actually Enable/Disable the Parallel with use the FX footswitch to both bypass the effect and disable the Parallel Path?

Maybe this is just me overthinking things when the Morph function should work well enough, but any tips would be welcomed.

• See

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.