[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• ok, as promised - something about the new amps - first the Budda.

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/shop/images/BudaElm-big.jpg]

While working with this great Budda amp - I wanted to own one myself - buy the owner will not sell it ...
    All I could find was the smaller V20 version (instead of the V40 I used for the profiles).

Unfortunately was this amp defect (very laud fan, and even lauder hum) and the sound - not even close.

So, I spend some extra time to get the profiles as good as possible to 'capture the soul' of this great sounding one.

The Budda is a two channel amp (Clean and Drive).

Beside the tonestack (Bass-Mid-Treble) has this amp two switches:
    Bright (for clean channel)
    Thick (for both channels)

This amp loves Vintage30 speakers - the Creambacks I used first where to dark.

The amp was dual miked with a Shure SM57 and a Royer R121.

The pack includes 8 raw profiles of the clean channel and 12 raw profiles of the drive channel - and some processed profiles with effects.

If you like to learn more about this amp - here is a link to the userguide Download

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, thank you - the Badger profiles are currently one of my favorite profiles as well - spend a few hours yesterday - only playing the LesPaul via the Badger profiles.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• Here are some more information about the Budger.

The Suhr Badger 30 is a single channel, expensive and great sounding amp.

We profiled this amp with a Marshall 1936V cabinet (loaded with Creamback speakers).

All profiles were dual miked captured with Royer R121 and Shure SM57 microphones.

This amp has no master volume control - but a unique power control consisting of two knobs (Power and Drive) - both in the amps power section.
    By this two knobs is it possible to get about the same sound at any level - great!

The profiles are named like this:
    BAD G7 B4M6T7 P2D4

BAD = Suhr Badger 30
    G7 = Gain setting (knob value 0-10)
    B4M6T7 = Tonestack settings (Bass-Middle-Treble) knob values (0-9, m=max=10)
    here: Bass=4, Middle=6, Treble=7
    P2 = Power scaling value
    D4 = Drive (power section) value

The amps sounds this great - it's the one amp I use currently all the time.

here is a great video features this outstanding amp YouTubeVideo

• I am on holiday :)

You can still order and download profiles (via Shareit) - but I check my emails only from to time ...

• I am back home :)

Feel free to order upgrades from Pack to Bundle and all this again.

Profiling start tomorrow again ....

• After checking a lot of the great Bogner amps - I found that I like this one best - and bought it:

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/shop/images/BogGF1-big.jpg]

This amp does great Fender like cleans, it's the first amp which sounds like a plexi AND has a master volume (69 mode) and does a lot of other tricks.

To capture this amp I tried all my microphones and did not like the results this much - then I found a great recording of the Goldfinger and the guy used the Shure SM7B - bought an SM7B - and yes - works great for me.

There is one thing I can not capture - the GREAT tube driven spring reverb - hope the Kemper get's this effect in an later update - but I adjusted the internal reverb to get as close as possible.

The profiles are named like this:

BogGF 6 12 171012 10 H

BogGF = Bogner Goldfinger

6 = Channel/Mode/Boost
    1 = Alpha channel / no boost
    2 = Alpha channel with boost
    3 = Omega channel / 69 loud mode / no boost
    4 = Omega channel / 69 loud mode with boost
    5 = Omega channel / 80 mode / no boost
    6 = Omega channel / 80 mode with boost

12 = Gain setting (clock values)

171012 = Tonestack settings (Treble-Middle-Bass)
    here: Treble=17, Middle=10, Bass=12

10 = Gain EQ settings (lower values bright, higher values fat)
    only for Omega channel
    Alpha channel has two switches
    bb = Post bright / pre bright
    (b= off, B=activated)

H = High power mode (L=low power)

Edited 2 times, last by Armin (August 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM).

• I just got hold of this pack and I am really impressed! Lot's of subtle variation in settings among the profiles, so it's easy to find tone in the neighborhood of what you are looking for. None of the profiles have super high gain, but those that have a fair amount of gain sound great when you turn the gain up. This amp sounds a little different from other ENGLs I've played, but I actually like the difference. Anyone who thinks this amp can only get vintage tone, not modern high gain tone, is mistaken. This thing can dish out metal tones quite well. I recommend you check this pack out!

I quite like Soundside's approach to profiling, providing raw amp sounds for the most part, so I can play with the settings just like an amp without a bunch of effects getting in the way. Yes they are easy to turn off with the Kemper, but it is a pain in the ass to have to do that every time I browse to another profile.