Pitch-based triggering of Effects

• With my TC G-Force I was able to decide on what pitch/note the harmonizer was audible and not I would love to hear it on the Kemper. Eg. I decided that the harmonizer would only be engaged/audible when I played a note higher than e2 or c3. So I still could go for a metal-/rock Riff and once noodling some licks the notes then where doubled without a click.

Maybe this is a feature to be applied to the Kemper?

If applied as a kind of automation it could also be used for other features like popping in delay or chorus or auto wah...

I found it to be a great feature.

Edited once, last by StefanErtle (March 6, 2022 at 7:19 AM).

• StefanErtle August 10, 2024 at 9:27 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Pitch-based Modulation Effects” to “Pitch-based triggering of Effects”.
  • Could be fun to play with for sure. I wonder if it's possible to implement such advanced functionality intuitively on the Kempers relative small and simple display?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Could be fun to play with for sure. I wonder if it's possible to implement such advanced functionality intuitively on the Kempers relative small and simple display?

Hiya.

The display of the G-Force wasn’t that big at all either. I could not find a picture of the setup but it was not that difficult. Maybe better in rig Manager where you can choose the basic tone (e.g. E) and the corresponding intervall (e.g. an octave above E) which is the threshold for the fx to join in (Mix-Level).