MacOS Profiles

• Mates,

I may be switching from a Windows PC to a Mac soon. I notice that some of my purchased profile packs have a separate folder for macOS, but many do not. Will a Mac recognize all my profiles for Local Library storage and tranfer to the head?

If so, what is different about the files in the macOS folders of sellers like Tone Junkie and M Britt?

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this issue

Edited once, last by RVA213 (August 22, 2020 at 1:20 AM).

• Sometimes the built-in Mac OS "Archive Utility", which runs transparently within OSX, adds this folder to the resultant .zip file when archiving. I never did get to the bottom of why this is so, but at any rate it doesn't matter 'cause if you check it out you'll find that the folder and the folders within it don't contain any relevant files.

My guess would be that the vendors you mentioned must've used this default utility to create the archives. There's no difference between Rig, Preset and Performance files on Mac vs PC.

• Sometimes the built-in Mac OS "Archive Utility", which runs transparently within OSX, adds this folder to the resultant .zip file when archiving. I never did get to the bottom of why this is so, but at any rate it doesn't matter 'cause if you check it out you'll find that the folder and the folders within it don't contain any relevant files.

My guess would be that the vendors you mentioned must've used this default utility to create the archives. There's no difference between Rig, Preset and Performance files on Mac vs PC.

Thank you!I could not find any info on this anywhere. This really sets my mind at ease. Much appreciated!