Kemper Stage SPDIF problems

• So...noob asking qustions number 10945.

I have kemper stage and its connected it to my Kompelete Audio 6 Mk2 which i really like. I use it with my Neural Dsp plugins and it works flawlessy with that combination and sound is spot on.

The problem is that i when i connect my kemper stage into same interface the sound aint that great. And especially the effects sound that they are lacking something?. I have been having problems getting the sound i want and now i think i might know where the problem is. I have been connecting the stage into my interface with good RCA (s/pdif) cable from my kemper output into my interface. But what i have understood you need two cables it to work properly? Is this true.

At least it would explain my problems getting good sounds since i just yesterday used kemper with headphones first time and it sounded a lot better already.

• Hi. Look for the option “Space>HeadphOnly” at the output section and deselect it. That could be the difference that you hear.

From the manual:

The “Space” parameter adds a small room simulation to the master signal. This makes listening through headphones far more enjoyable. A brief explanation: whenever you listen to a sound coming from loudspeakers, you are also hearing the reflections from the floor, the walls and objects around you. Even when you listen to a mono signal, these additional reflections will still result in a stereo image once they reach your ears. There is only one common situation where no natural reflections happen, and that is when you listen through headphones; as your ears are, biologically speaking, not suited to this, it can quickly lead to listener fatigue. This effect is called “in-the-head localization” and becomes particularly noticeable when you listen to a mono signal. By using the Space effect, you can add virtual reflections, to create a sense of room and natural space. A mono signal will be converted to a subtle stereo image, which should be far more pleasing to your ears. Even though this effect is designed for headphones, you may also find it appropriate for listening through regular speakers, or for recording. By selecting the option “Space>HeadphOnly”, you can select whether it is applied to the HEADPHONE output only, or to the MAIN OUTPUT as well. You can also apply the Space effect to individual Rigs, rather than activating it globally in the Output Section. In this case, simply use the TYPE knob to select it in either the X or MOD effect. The Space effect is also very useful for improving the sound of in-ear monitors on stage. Unfortunately, in most situations, both stage-monitoring and FOH are derived from the MAIN OUTPUT - as a result, the effect will appear on the main PA as well. As long as you use Space at a suitably low Intensity setting, it will not be noticeable on the PA sound, but will still create a reasonable effect on your in-ear monitors. Needless to say, the monitor signal must be supplied in stereo for Space to have the desired effect.